We don’t know where and when we can have good business ideas in our brain. If we don’t remember our ideas, then the business potential energy of the process of creation of those ideas will be at a lower level. One tip I have explained in the 6 tips for increasing creativity was to always have with you a notebook where you will write each idea that comes up in your brain.
This notebook will be your business ideas book. It is a simple one table where you will note each of your ideas and where you will note some additional things about them.
The Content You Need to Have in Your Business Ideas Book?
First, I want to mention that business ideas book can be only one piece of paper only with the names of ideas. But, I recommend one that will increase your business potential energy of your company. Here, the form is not important, but the content.
I want to present the content that is something that will increase your creativity and force you to some additional thinking that will improve your process. One page or piece of paper must be reserved for one idea. Simply, this book must contain 6 things:
- The name of the idea. This is the field that will differentiate one idea from another business idea. You will probably have more than one idea, and this will help you to be more organized.
- Brief description of your business idea. Give some brief description of each business idea. In such a way, you will cover some different aspects of that idea. This can bring you more possibilities of improvement of your basic ideas.
- Current market practice. This is an important part of your business ideas book because you will start thinking about the market. What’s going on the market where those ideas will be started. Who are the current players on the market?
- Future activities. With this field, your business ideas book became as a blueprint of your future steps. Describe 3-5 future steps that you must take about each of the business ideas. This can be some brief analysis, talking with friends, making a plan and so on.
- Possibilities of realization. What are the possibilities of realization? Here I use 3 categories: low, medium and great possibilities. In such a way, you can start with classification and prioritization of the ideas that will go in the next steps of a startup process.
- Quality of the idea. In this field also you can use low, medium and great quality. When you write all previous fields you will know something about the quality of your ideas. This also will help you with improvements of all business ideas. If quality is a great, then this venture can go to the next steps of a business startup process.
How Can You Make a Business Ideas Book?
You can make it in a different way. What you will choose is up to you and will depend on what is easier for you. As I mention before, the form is not important, the content is something important. Your business ideas book can be as a:
- Paper form – Piece of paper or notebook.
- Electronic form – Evernote notebook, Microsoft Office Word, Excel file, or other file formats.
The process is simple. You must have always with you that piece of paper or notebook or your mobile phone to update your business ideas book always when you come up with a something worth as an idea. After that, when you have time spend 10-minute to fill all previously mentioned fields. In such a way, your job about this one page in a business ideas book is finished.
The business ideas book template you can download here.