Have you lost some skilled employee previously in your business? Why did they go, when you invest too much money and knowledge into them? Was it for a better salary or because your small business doesn’t treat in the right way the most valuable asset, employees on the right way?
Employees are the heart of a business. You can have good and also bad employees. However, there is a danger that good employees can leave you. This is losing for the businesses as a whole and entrepreneurs must find new employees that was not so easy. While for the bad employees you don’t care, for the good employees you will care because they will weaken your business in too many aspects.
Some reality into the small business life is that employees earlier, or later they go. An interesting point is that employees without skills will want to hide and stay forever into the business. And on other hand employees that were good in doing their job and are skilled at doing their job in the right way will leave the business. If this reality continues without prevention you will continue to lose good employees and increase the number of non-skilled employees. This situation will decrease business potential energy stored into your skilled employees that will bring losing the whole business potential energy of your business.
But, why good employees leave us?
There are many reasons for employees that leave businesses. Some of the most important is that they don’t establish good business and personal relations with the business, entrepreneur or manager. Another reason is because they are not satisfied with the salary that they receive as a return for their work. Another reason will be because they are not satisfied with the working environment where they are working. If we go further we will find too many reasons for employee leaving.
You, as an entrepreneur must react and prevent leaving of good skilled employees from your business. This is one of the most important jobs of entrepreneurs and managers.
Here are 10 Ways How to Keep the Best Employees:
- When you choose your employees think twice before decide.
- Offer them more money. Let’s be real. The money is a most important motivational factor for each employee. Why you must pay bad employees? Short their salaries and give that part to skilled and important employees.
- Be loyal to them in good days and they will be loyal to you in bad days.
- Help him to do the job in the right way from first time.
- Try with the promise that you will give them more money when your business will pass the bad days.
- Be honest with them.
- Give them rewards about good accomplishment of jobs though the rewards are only some sweet words. Develop the bonus plans for your best employees. Everybody wants bonuses. Use bonuses as some type of rewards for the best employees.
- Give them free days when they need it and ask for additional work when you need it.
- Think about jobs with employees in mind. Jobs for which employees don’t have knowledge or jobs that are uninteresting and boring can be resistant to the employees. Allocate employees at jobs for which they have knowledge. On other hands make all jobs to be interesting and not boring for the employees.
- Emphasize team building. Sometimes the relationship between teams members are more powerful that other relationships into the business. Teams thinking can have big influence on the team’s members.
Why is so important to prevent leaving of skilled employees?
Firstly, your employees are the most important part of your business. They are before your products or services, before your technology, before your activities… Because without them nothing previously noted will not happen. Without employees, you will don’t have products or services, you cannot use your technology, and you cannot perform business activities.
Another look at importance of each skilled and good employee is that you have invested time and resources in an employee and when they move out earlier than you get a chance to refund your investment you must start all over again the whole process. In this way, you lose your time, and also you lose your money invested into the employee. Your time and money presents business elements that have stored big business potential energy.