All these questions are important, especially because of a decision making process today and in the future.
In the previous post titled as entrepreneurial success factors among the most important factors in the hierarchical structure of factors that make an entrepreneur to be successful entrepreneur is the willingness to take entrepreneurial action.
What is the website and what is the brochure? Is it same? Does your website need to be as an online brochure?
At the beginning of the Internet as a place where you as an entrepreneur and your business can be found from potential customers, all business websites were brochures. This process was simply copy of the brochures into an online document available on the Internet.
However, today I think your business website at least should not be in the form of a brochure. If it’s in the form of a simple brochure your business can’t employ all benefits that a website can bring.
What is a Web Brochure?
A solid brochure usual contained:
- Home Page. Front page should indicate the reader to read the other pages of the brochure where the reader can see presentation of your offer…
- Your Offer. Here you give a brief description of your products and / or services …
- Urgency. The brochure is intended to cause the urgency for action …
- The last page with contact information …
Let’s see this now:
- Home page of the brochure = Home page of your business website
- Your offer of a brochure = Products as pages on your business website
- Urgency of the brochure = Special Promotion as part of your business website or which will have some elements that will attract attention of the visitors to take some action
- Contact information = About Us pages of your business website or Contact Us page.
Now you can understand why over 95% of business websites look like simple web brochures? I say “simple” because they not utilize the full potential of the online presence of a business.
What is The Purpose of Your Business Website?
First and basically you’ve must ask yourself as an entrepreneur: What is the purpose of your business website or web presentation of your business?
If you don’t answer this question or simply wouldn’t like to have a proper business website or don’t want to use it to increase sales of your business, then simply leave your business website in the form of a brochure.
If the purpose of your business website is one of the following then you need to go at a level where your website shouldn’t be as “simple” brochure:
- Increased visitors at the website.
- Increased conversion of an occasionally visitor to a regular visitor.
- Increased conversion from a regular visitor to a potential buyer.
- Increased conversion from a potential buyer to a real buyer.
- Increased conversion from a real buyer to a regular buyer.
- Increased interaction with potential customers.
- Strengthening the business brand.
- Generating more sales.
- Increasing the ability to you as an entrepreneur and your business to be found easily (more on this is covered in Inbound Marketing – Marketing for Today and Future).
Here are presented mixed primary and secondary goals of a business website. About this primary and secondary you can read more in Online Objectives for Marketing Your Business.
How Can You Replace the Brochure?
The replacement of your web brochure for a highly effective and efficient website can be done simply by replacing your static website with dynamic. This means complete change of strategy to your business web presentation as a marketing weapon. That’s constant work at your website, because it will not be static anymore.
The presentation of the products and services remain same, and also contact details, but you can add a new element called blog, which will be updated from time to time with different post.For the importance of blogs to businesses, HubSpot has presented a study of business websites that have a blog and those without an incorporated blog in them. The results presented were:
Companies that blog have far better marketing results. Specifically, the average company that blogs has:
- 55% more visitors
- 97% more inbound links
- 434% more indexed pages.
I think that these figures are sufficient indications to you as an entrepreneur to start changing your thinking about your business website.
Constantly Improve Your Business Website
After you replace the brochure you’ll be able to start with continuous improvement of your website. These improvements have a purpose your potential customers easily to find your business when they search for a solution to their problems that you as an entrepreneur can solve them.
The following items should always be the subject of improvement:
- Content – constantly publish quality content that will attract your potential customers and will add high value for them.
- Keywords that will be contained in this content. Think about your primary and secondary keywords.
- Internal links. Internet world is built on links, so you need to properly optimize your internal links on your business website.
- Meta Tags elements on each page. These are elements that are not visible to visitors, but visible to search engines.
This constantly improvement will bring more and more outbound links and improved visibility of your business web site.
Let’s consider some of the most important thing in business – selling.
There are not entrepreneurs that don’t want their sales funnel to be always full. Sales funnel is the process of sale and movement of the potential customers to become buyers.
If you as an entrepreneur succeed your sales funnel always to be full, then your business has no dangers of weak sales or lacking of fresh money for business purposes.
Can Sales Funnel Become in a Resting Position?
Sales funnel isn’t something that can be in resting position. When the sales funnel become in a resting position, then that’s real danger for the business.
Business sales funnel is similar to the real funnel which serves to transfer liquid from a wider tank into a bottle that has a thin hole. The liquid is added in the wider end of the funnel, while on the thinner side exit and enter the bottle. More important, the funnel didn’t allow the liquid to become waste that didn’t go directly into the bottle. If you stop adding the liquid in the wider side of the funnel, then the funnel “dries up”, and the whole process is stopped.
In business sales funnel into the wider side enter potential customers, which are aware about your product or service. However, if in the wider side stop the entry of potential customers, sales funnel will dry up, and respectively on the thinner side there not will exit buyers.
Therefore, the sales funnel should always be full, and it’s a job for you as an entrepreneur, and all your employees.
What Affects the Sales Funnel?
1. Number of potential customers on the wider side
Simple math tells us that if more potential customers will enter, the more buyers we’ll have on the thinner side. The marketing is a business element with the most important responsibility about this.
2. Losing the Potential Customers from the Sales Funnel
In every moment of the process, each potential customer can decide to leave the sales funnel. This means that your business will be losing potential customers. These potential customers who was close to the decision to become your buyers, probably will go to your competitors. And the worst thing is that they probably will never come back in your sales funnel again.
3. Number of Buyers at a Thinner Side of a Sales Funnel
If more buyers exit on the thinner side, there will be more space for others who are in the sales funnel. If our sales team can’t handle more than a certain number of customers at once, then the process of moving from one potential consumer to the buyer would be retarded.
For the output, the most responsible business elements are sales and marketing. The sales responsibility is in terms of how many sales they can process and how they can satisfy buyers to decide about returning something again. When it comes to marketing, here the most important is a marketing distribution, price and promotion).
How Sales Funnel Always to be Full?
The following activities can provide your sales funnel to be always full:
1. Strengthening the Marketing Activities of the Entrance
Strengthening not mean to spend more money on different marketing activities. Simply, this means cleaver use and combination of marketing tools that really bring good results.
2. Continuous Improvement of Marketing Activities
Continuous improvement is a process that an entrepreneur should never forget. Everything can be improved, and so any marketing activities and campaigns of your business can be improved also.
3. Constantly Improving the Sales Process
Again an improvement. The points where marketing ends are the sales starting point. Through marketing, you as an entrepreneur succeed to attract attention on your business and your products and services, but the real decision about purchasing will rely on your sales team.
4) Buyer Satisfaction
This is a very important factor for any business. If you have a new product or service you’ll can the easier sell to someone who has good experience with your business. Therefore, satisfied customer will always be part of your sales funnel.
This is a cycle that should never stop. If the cycle stop, then stop traffic and sales through the funnel, and what is worst the business will stop generating desired results.
Passion about something that we do in our everyday life is an important thing to bring quality in our personal and professional life as entrepreneurs.
A lot of people have a passion about something, but they simply don’t know about what is their real passion. They, even don’t know that their real passion can be transformed in successful business.
The best solution for entrepreneurs is their business idea to be supported from their real passion as an addition to problem and knowledge. They’ll be passionate about their startups, passionate about their everyday work in their business and passionate about their future business success. This will increase the probability of entrepreneurial and business success of a potential entrepreneur.
Because of that I would like to present my opinions about discovering and practicing passion for business purposes.
What Does Passion Mean?
In Wikipedia about Passion, we can find this:
Passion can be expressed as a feeling of unusual excitement, enthusiasm or compelling emotion towards a subject, idea, person, or object. A person is said to have a passion for something when they have a strong positive affinity for it. A love for something and a passion for something are very similar feelings.
Here are the most significant keywords:
- Passion is personal feeling. What are your feelings about your current or potential business as an entrepreneur? Is it exciting?
- Passion is a type of emotion. What are your emotions about your current or potential business as an entrepreneur? Is it enthusiastic and compelling?
- Passion is strong positive affinity about something that you do. What is your positive affinity about your business startup?
You’ll be passionate about something if you’re exciting, you have the enthusiastic and compelling emotions and positive affinity about that something.
What will be passion about entrepreneurial career?
If you’re excited, and you have the enthusiastic and compelling emotions and positive affinity about business startup it’s probably that you have a good passion about your entrepreneurial career.
10 Questions To Find What is Your Passion
What is Your Hobby?
Hobby is the result of your passion. If your hobby is gardening you’re probably passionate about gardening. If your hobby is basketball then you’re passionate about basketball. Because of that start with your hobbies that will tell you about what are you passionate.
What would you really like to do?
Something that you’re doing everyday, and you’re doing that with love, that’s your passion about that. List the things that you like to do to find about what are you passionate.
Which are things that you enjoy?
To like something to do is one thing and enjoying is another. Sometimes you can like something, but you don’t really enjoy doing that. List all your enjoying things to find about what are you passionate.
What other people say that you’re good for?
Sometimes other people will be more realistic about you, and what you are good for. You’ll be able to employ this for exploring your real passion.
What are the most simplest tasks for you?
When something is simple it means that you have knowledge about that. The part of your knowledge is based upon research of something about you are passionate.
What you especially prefer to research or study?
Research and study can increase your knowledge about something. If you really prefer to research and study something then it can be your passion about that something.
What are the topics that you are able to talk for hours or days without ending?
The topics about you can talk for hours and days is also based upon your knowledge about that topic. If you really know something fine then that can be results from your passion about that topics.
What are your natural talents?
Your natural talents as something inborn in you can be subject to your passion because inborn talent is subject to improvement through life of a person. You must be passionate about something for which you have natural talent.
What subjects you like more than others in the college?
All of us has some subject at the college or in the school that was more interesting and more exciting than others. This subject can be something about you are passionate.
What type of people you like to be your friends?
The friendship between people is built on the same interest and same language spoke between that people. You cannot be a good friend with a person with which you cannot share your fields on interest and your language style. Because of that think about persons, which are your friends, think about their passion and probably yours will be there.
How Your Passion Can Help to Build Better Business
If you’re not enough passionate about business that you plan to start your new business will probably suffer. But, if your business suffered, probably you as a young entrepreneur will be the next that will suffer.
Before your business startup, you must adapt your business idea with your passion.Then you’ll:
- Have a business that you’ll like to do it.
- Have business that you as an entrepreneur will know to manage and improve.
- Have a business that will have a big potential for success.
Before several days here on Entrepreneurship In a Box I wrote about importance of the inbound marketing as marketing for the future. Meanwhile I bought a book entitled as Inbound Marketing – Get Found Using Google, Social Media and Blogs by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah and read it after a couple of days, so I’d like to present an overview of what this book means.
The authors of this book are the people behind HubSpot – Inbound Marketing Software Company. Their experience with their own company in addition to their experience working for other companies as consultants they’ve poured into this book.
What is Inbound Marketing – Get Found Using Google, Social Media and Blogs?
As I wrote in my previous post about Inbound Marketing, this type of marketing is the marketing for today and future. Now to be good at marketing, regardless how much money your business has, but how much you’re smart and creative to use the technology in your marketing goals.
This is something that’s covered in this book. As the title says this book will give you strategies and tactics that will change your thinking about marketing your business. It’s how to be found on Google, social media and blogs.
Why to Get Found on Google, Social Media and Blogs?
In every marketing campaign, entrepreneur and marketers are trying to be present at places where potential customers are. What are these places? Where is a consumer or potential customer for a product or service start to find information about products or services that they need?
Maybe earlier they seated ahead of TV or listen to radio to see or hear an ad. Maybe once they read newspapers and magazines to see some interesting product. However, today, the behavior of people is changed because the power of the Internet. Today people are online.
Today when I would like to know whether there’s any product or service that would solve my problem, I go to Google and search. Through Google, I reach the various websites and blogs that I read to be informed enough to decide before buying. Sometimes I can receive very useful information through social media. These mean that I not consume traditional marketing media. And why I’ll consume it when I’m constantly connected to the Internet and through the internet to all available online information.
Because of that your business should be found on Google, social media and blogs, and that’s the main subject of this book. Therefore, you should have it, read it, re-read it and implement strategies and tactics that are listed in it.
I’d like to abstract some of the main features of Inbound Marketing – Get Found Using Google, Social Media and Blogs that really cause impressions on me:
- Language. The first impression from reading the book is the language used by the authors. The book language isn’t a technical language, isn’t a scientific language that’s difficult to be understand from non-technical people. Used style by the authors is understandable for everyone, even for those which first time encounter with these concepts.
- Comprehensiveness. Although the book isn’t large – 220 pages, it’s comprehensive in terms of what entrepreneurs need to start today to have success in inbound marketing.
- Inbound marketing in action. Each chapter in the book has a part called Inbound marketing in action – case studies or example of the success of this type of marketing.
- To-Do List. After each chapter there’s a list of activities that must be conducted about starting inbound marketing techniques.
Really worth book for the price that’s less than $25.
Who’s The Ideal Person for This Book?
Really important question. This book has the potential to help everyone. Potential to help complete novice in this subject and the potential to help any marketing expert to improve their knowledge. Anyway I think the main group of those who should have this book are:
- Entrepreneurs. Each current and potential entrepreneur who’d like to maximize the utilization of marketing activities in their own business must have and read the book. Regardless what type of business posses the entrepreneur this book will be helpful for all of them.
- Marketers. Anyone who’s in touch with any type of marketing, should have and use this book.
If you really want to improve your marketing effectiveness and your overall business you must implement strategies and tactics from this book.