Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, Business, Small Business… All these words are deeply related with improvement. The main task of each entrepreneur or manager is to improve their businesses. There are always some possibilities for business improvement. Which are those key elements that can and should we start improving today?
The process of improvement can be related to all business aspects, and it is not a limited space. Any improvement could lead to the butterfly effect on the overall company.
The following elements we as entrepreneurs can start improving today:
Entrepreneur is a central figure in each company. Even today you can start to improve yourself. We as entrepreneurs with each passing day gain new experience, new knowledge, new skills and new habits, which lead to our better behavior for tomorrow. You just really want to absorb all these new knowledge and experiences and to apply in everyday work. If you do not apply the new experience, new knowledge, new skills and new habit you cannot improve your business results.
Marketing is one of the most important bands in every company. Maybe we’re not aware of how you can improve your marketing activities with just simply monitoring the results of each activity. With the change in marketing, we will receive changes in the business results. If any marketing activity to improve a little for a huge percentage will improve business results. Here are some tips:
- Make market research.
- Start with building and improving your credibility.
- Drop all marketing activities that give poor or don’t give any results.
- Use the 80/20 rule.
- Try different marketing media.
- Transfer a huge part of marketing activities on the Internet.
- Measure the results of each activity and make a needed change.
- Check different ads and copy writing and continue with those which provide the greatest conversation rate.
If you take a look only in these things today and begin to apply the change from tomorrow, the improved business results are guaranteed.
As the third element that can be improved today is a strategy. I chose a strategy because it is easiest to change and improve. Changing the strategy is easiest and the most powerful way to change business results. Strategy simply is something that shows us the road map for the movement of our company in the future. Wikipedia defines a strategy as:
a plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal. Strategy deals with the how part rather than the what.
Here are some tips to start improving the strategy today:
- Consider the whole business objectives.
- Do you practice a strategy that leads to the achievement of that objectives?
- Try to find other pathways that lead to the accomplishment of the same or higher objectives.
- Be decisive about changing all that you believe is right. If you fail in this don’t panic, you will improve the first element – you, the entrepreneur.
Possibilities for improving the business model of a company is unlimited. First, it is quite simply, it is fully under the control of entrepreneurs and improvement can bring excellent business results. Business model, simply is the way of doing business. Each company has its own business model.
Here are some tips:
- Make a graphical presentation of the business model of your company (you can use the tool Gliffy)
- Look at the graphic and note the ideas for improvement.
- Make a new business model with noted possibilities for improvements.
- Tomorrow It shall be the official new business model.
When it comes to capital I do not think only of financial but also human and intellectual capital of a company. I think that financial capital is clear and we all understand it because it refers to how much money and how much financial power as a company we have. However, financial capital does not mean automatically the success of the company without the next two – human and intellectual capital. One of the major mistakes is when we focus only on improvement of financial capital without the other’s capitals because it is easiest to analyze, and we already have tools like cash flow analysis, profit and loss analysis, financial statements etc..
Human capital relies on the people who work in the company and the accumulated knowledge and skills in these people to accomplish the business tasks.
Intellectual capital is the intellectual property of the company such as rules, procedures, behavior, organizational culture… This capital refers to the question how we utilize the human and financial capital. This means how we utilize the knowledge, experience and skills of people and money to develop our company.
Some advice for improvements in this area:
- Think about the current state of financial, human and intellectual capital.
- Note all strengths and weaknesses of them.
- Create a strategy to overcome the weaknesses and reinforcing the strengths.
- Tomorrow start with the improvement.
These are only 5 business elements that you really can to improve today and tomorrow to have a business that really would be improved and will enable the achievement of bigger results.