When the new year is here entrepreneurs are the busiest people in the world. They are in the planning mode where want to answer the question: What’s next. There is a clear need for proper preparation for the new year. There is a clear need for comparisons of success and achievements from the previous year. However, everything is useless, unless you do not make appropriate conclusions with which in the new year you will be better in each aspect of your company.
Business planning is the process that needs to be continuously improved because, in the business world everything cannot be perfect. Always something can be doing better than a previous year.
One year more experience for an entrepreneur is extremely beneficial. However, that experience needs to be used in overall business improvements. Therefore, just as a reminder about minimum questions that you as an entrepreneur need to answer.
- Is everything that was planned for 2010 has been achieved?
- Everything that was achieved in 2010, why was achieved?
- How to improve the processes that contributed to that accomplishment in 2010?
- Everything that was not achieved in 2010, why it was not achieved?
- How to eliminate obstacles that were the reason of that failures?
- What you want to achieve in 2011?
- How do you plan to achieve that in 2011?
- Are there all processes ready for that achievements in 2011?
- What you will improve in 2011?
- How would you improve that in 2011?
Answering these questions will lead you through a process of business planning. That process will result in concrete action steps that need to be performed in order to have better business in 2011. These are the minimum questions. However, you can always expand this minimum with other questions related to your business, market or industry where operate your business.
Good luck and many successes to everyone and especially small business owners in the 2011 I wish you.