You have your vision, or where you want to be at the end of 2011.
You have your goals, or what you need to achieve at the end of 2011.
You have your plan, or what you need to do to achieve what you want to achieve to be where you want to be.
Slowly, but surely we are going into the last few months of 2011. Probably, it is the best time to ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I going through defined trajectory to realize my vision?
- Is my achievement until today guarantee achievement of my objectives for 2011?
- Is average monthly progress in the goal’s achievement promise the fully achievement at the end of the year?
- If it is so, why average monthly progress in goal’s achievement didn’t promise the fully achievement at the end of the year?
- What need to be aligned to provide the fully achievement?
- Is there a need to change the goals or to change the activities?
- Is there a need of additional resources?
So, what you’l need to do after the questions?
First Assure That Everything is as Planned
Start focusing on the elements that keep you away from accomplishment of your objectives toward achieving a vision. You’l must be aware that always you will have constraints that will push you back. Find them and try to eliminate.
If something is going wrong take a pen and piece of paper and note about everything that needs to be improved to assure full achievement.
Second if There is Need of Change, Change It!
As you can see, there will be probably needs for some changes in your tasks or in your goals.
If you find that your objectives are not achievable or realistic you’l need to change them.
If you find that your goals are achievable and realistic, then your problems are not the objectives, but the problems are your tasks. That mean that your tasks didn’t contribute in the achievement and because of that you’l need to change the tasks.
So, how well your goals for 2011 are achieved?