Using renewable energy is important for each business today. In their latest ECUK report, the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy presented compelling statistics on the state of sustainability. Here are some key figures:
- The decrease in energy utilization between 2018 and 2019 is equivalent to 1.4 million tonnes of oil
- Fuel expenditure went down across the board with petroleum falling by 1.4%
- Coal consumption in the last five decades has diminished by 96%
- Bioenergy grew over the past year by 7.6%
While these findings are certainly promising, there’s still ample room for improvement. Joining the shift towards renewable energy is one of the best things you can do as an entrepreneur. Within your own company, you’ll be able to cut utility bills, hurdle price fluctuations, leverage tax rebates, strengthen customer relations, and more.
This guide suggests how you can start reaping the benefits of going green.
Most business owners are painfully aware that solar panels don’t come cheap. Excessive installation costs can put the renewable energy source out of reach until enough cash flow is generated.
Fortunately, you can always opt for wind power, which is now responsible for 15% of all electricity generated in the UK. All you need to do is find the right supplier. There are many options on the market today. Ecotricity is a leading provider in Gloucestershire, for example, while Good Energy is an independent vendor based in Chippenham.
Renewable Energy Prices can be obtained on a quotes comparison website to shortlist suppliers with the best offers. Look out for companies with strong green credentials and established infrastructure.
Extracted from plants and crops, biofuel is predominantly available in the form of ethanol, bioethanol, and biodiesel. Organizations that rely on their vehicles – especially in logistics sectors – can enjoy the various advantages of biofuel. This includes enhanced efficiency and cost savings, not to mention:
- Lubricating properties contribute to superior engine durability
- Widely available and easy to source
- Fewer greenhouse gases
- Lower dependence on foreign oil
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Thanks to an explosion in suppliers, geothermal heat pumps have become a popular way for UK businesses to source sustainable energy. These work by tapping into the temperature of the earth, which delivers a level of consistency that’s perfect for heating and cooling systems.
Geothermal heat pumps are fairly simple. Three components, namely the ground exchanger, air delivery system, and heat pump unit, are installed near your premises. These systems use far less electricity than traditional alternatives. You may be able to apply for tax deductions to reduce the initial investment.
The aforementioned solutions make up the majority of renewable energy sources available to businesses today.
Remember that you can also take other measures to lower your environmental impact. Switching to modern LED lighting and opting for Energy Star-rated appliances are simple and reliable ways to bring down the utility bill. Make sure that your employees are also on board with your eco-conscious initiatives. There really aren’t any excuses for not investing in renewables. The sooner your company makes the switch, the better.
Most Popular Articles:
- Trending:How Enterprise IoT Solutions Support Business Digital Transformation
- Trending:How Can Virtual Tours Boost Your Business?
- Trending:7 Steps to Achieve Big Dreams With Incremental Processes
- Trending:Protect Your Privacy with a Temporary Phone Number Generator: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Trending:7 Ways to Scale Your Business to a Desirable Level
- Trending:What is CRM Task Management?