Industrial lifting magnets are essential pieces of equipment for many different industries because of the benefits they bring. But do you know exactly what industries utilize these powerful machines? And how do industrial lifting magnets work? To understand the importance and benefits of using industrial lifting magnets, you should first learn how they work and what industries utilize them.
If you’re looking to improve your warehouse operations and increase labor productivity, then consider industrial lifting magnets. In essence, these magnetic devices are designed to make the process of lifting heavy objects much faster and more efficient. They may already be used in your own business or at your place of employment. By investing in these unique magnetic tools, you can save money by not having to purchase expensive industrial equipment or machinery. You’ll also be making the workplace safer and more organized, as well as cutting down on the risk of injuries. If you’re interested in purchasing or renting industrial magnetic lifters or other types of electromagnets, shop around and get some professional advice before making a decision.
What Is An Industrial Lifting Magnet And How Does It Work?
Many businesses and industries use industrial lifting magnets for a variety of reasons. The main advantage of these magnetic motors is that they provide a permanent, strong, hold-down power to lift heavy objects without damaging them. Industrial lifting magnets are so strong that the magnets can bend the metal they’re placed on! Keep this in mind since you don’t want your merchandise to be bent or damaged by the strong magnetic fields that industrial lifting magnets produce.
Industrial lifting magnets offer a convenient and safe method of lifting heavy objects, which is why they have become such a common feature in many factories and warehouses. They provide a high level of safety to employees, as they are used in places where safety is paramount, such as those used by forklift drivers and pallet handlers. However, there are also many other uses for these types of machines that are important to know about, along with the benefits these industrial lifting magnets provide. We’ll take a look at some of the ways that these industrial magnets are being used around the world today. After reading this article you should have a good idea about what are the uses of these machines.
Types Of Industrial Lifting Magnets
There are two types of industrial lifting magnets that you will find being used today. These are:
- Magnetic Roll System: This is used in construction sites and mining industries. This machine is pretty tough and can easily handle heavy materials.
- Magnetic Hoist: A large number of industries utilize this device when they need to move items from one location to another. For instance, a plumber might need to move large pipe parts. They could use a hydraulic arm to hoist, but the problem with it is the difficulty in getting the item up the pipe and the floor. To combat this, many industries have begun to use industrial lifting magnets to lift pipes and other items.
Industries That Use Lifting Magnets In Their Operations
Aside from plumbing, other examples of industries that use industrial lifting magnets in their operations include the following:
- Construction: If you build anything that has to be extremely heavy, or that has a lot of weight to it, then you need to have a hoist that is made of this type of magnetic material. The hoist works by lifting the heavy loads from one area to another. In the construction industry, this might be used to lift heavy pieces of wood, cement, or other materials that need to be lifted and moved somewhere else. The hoist can also be used to lift equipment, or even move a piece of equipment from place to place.
- Mining: Utilizes these powerful machines to lift large amounts of earth and rock ore from the surface of the earth.
- Shipping and Transport: To reduce the intensity of vibrations that are associated with heavy cargo being moved across land or water, it’s necessary for the equipment being moved to be placed on a permanent device. In the cases of shipping and transportation, the permanent device might be a wheeled truck, but it could also be something as simple as a crane that can lift the cargo. Because the lifting magnets are so strong, and they can bend metalcore parts, the crane can stay in place even when the truck that it’s moving is laden down with a ton of heavy cargo. A reputable magnetic equipment supplier and manufacturer like Magnetic Specialties can work with your specific requirements.
- Manufacturing Businesses, Warehouses, and Storage Companies: These use industrial lifting magnets to lift pallets and other heavy items, making this task easier and safer for everyone involved.
The above examples show just how wide a variety of uses are available with industrial lifting magnets. Because of the strength they give off, a single magnet can lift an extremely heavy load. It can help businesses save money by preventing injuries that could otherwise happen through the use of regular lifting devices. Industrial lifting magnets are often seen in places such as warehouses, where the heavy objects being moved must be safely and securely handled. For example, when pallet ships are being moved from one location to another, they must be carefully handled so as not to cause damage to themselves.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Industrial Lifting Magnets?
Industries that use lifting magnets in their operation that may not have been included earlier are metal processing, metalworking, automobile manufacturing, electrical and heating maintenance, and the aerospace and defense industries. Industries that manufacture products that require heavy metal fabrication and assembly often utilize this type of equipment. The types of metal that industries use lifting magnets for include iron, aluminum, copper, brass, zinc, tin, steel, titanium, and nickel. Some industries utilize this type of equipment for non-metal manufacturing processes such as cutting, sanding, drilling, bonding, and polishing. The following are the advantages of using industrial lifting magnets:
- Convenient Lifting: Because of the strength of the magnetic field, industrial lifting magnets are effective at lifting thicker materials than other types of magnets. These are extremely convenient since there’s no electrical power needed, and even the magnets themselves can be turned off and on with just a bit of effort.
- Cost-Effective: One of the biggest advantages of industrial lifting magnets is their cost-effectiveness. They’re not only extremely efficient, but are also inexpensive when compared to most of the alternative lifting devices. This means that a manufacturing company, for example, can purchase a sufficient number of units for the needs it has for the day. They are also easy to maintain, which is yet another advantage in their favor.
- High Rate of Material Recovery: One of the biggest benefits of using industrial lifting magnets is their high rate of material recovery. When heavy equipment or other materials that are too heavy to lift are dropped or damaged, it’s often necessary to use other tools and techniques. Other lifting equipment may damage or destroy other machinery and supplies. However, when using industrial lifting magnets, the materials can be easily lifted out through the use of special implements with minimal or even zero damage.
- Reduced Risk of Injuries: There are some other benefits to using industrial lifting magnets that also involve the workers themselves. For example, when workers are working with heavy equipment or when there are multiple people involved in a project, the risk of accidents can increase dramatically. Workers may be seriously injured because of the overload of the force of using ladders or of improperly fastened safety harnesses. Industrial lifting magnets prevent all these types of accidents by relieving workers of the burden of carrying large loads.
Lifting magnets are so versatile because they can be used for just about anything related to heavy lifting, which makes them a popular choice for a lot of different businesses and individuals. Many people don’t realize that there are dozens of different industries that make use of this powerful technology. Lifting equipment has become an integral part of many industries and has even developed into a service industry in itself. Many industries provide this service and have developed the equipment to a level of precision and longevity that is unrivaled.
With so many different industries needing them, it’s good to know that industrial lifting magnets have been around for a long time. If you need a little bit of help getting started, several websites and publications can show you everything you need to know. The best way to make sure you’re making the safest equipment choices possible is to talk to professionals who are trained in using different kinds of lifting equipment. If you’re not sure how to safely use the equipment, you and your staff should consider taking a training course. Lifting magnet training courses can give you the knowledge you need to properly use the equipment you’ve purchased. The knowledge you gain can help you maximize the benefits of industrial lifting magnets for your business.