Now coming to the world’s most popular e-commerce platforms, Shopify and Volusion are always competing with the leading online store builders. Both are an excellent choice for any e-commerce business owner who helps create an online store, add product and payment details and start selling on their website. Although Shopify was created after Volusion in 2006, it became the first tool of an e-commerce platform to sell more than 1,000,000 online stores, offices worldwide, and $200 billion worth of products in 175 countries with more than 3,000 employees.
Shopify and Volusion are both great platforms for e-commerce business. However, there are still some differences that make them suitable for different consumers. Compared to Volusion, Shopify has better sales features and better volume for analytics and data tools.
As a result, Shopify is perfect for small to medium-sized standard projects and enterprise companies on Shopify Plus. At the same time, Volusion is great for small and medium-sized business owners, founders, and operators. You can visit here at Volusion to Shopify to get all the available details.
However, it is essential to compare all aspects of the two before deciding which one is better.
Shopify and Volusion a General Look
Founded in 2006, Shopify claims to be the leading e-commerce solution for any business, allowing users to launch and manage their online store quickly. Shopify offers an extensive library of themes, templates, apps, and other features to help users design and set up their store websites. It helps owners open stores in other essential aspects such as Amazon, eBay or Facebook, Pinterest, etc., or supports other sales functions, mainly talking about Shopify’s incredible ecosystem. We cannot exclude the Shopify community (Shopify Developers, Shopify Affiliate), where business owners and freelancers, developers, and agencies can make a profit by joining Shopify. Volition is also a cloud-based e-commerce platform that helps store owners build their online stores with good sales support features and insightful tools.
Advantages and disadvantages of Shopify and Volusion
- Easy to use with great onboarding and help center
- Very competitive costs on a monthly base with no transaction fees
- A different selection of built-in subscription and payment gateways
- Great analytics tools
- Fast loading and download time
- An incredible ecosystem with a wide range of developers, experts, and agencies ready to help
- Good options for sales and marketing features come in a large app store
- 24/7 customer support
- Cross-selling options
- Limited features
- Extra fee
- No blog features
- Automatic digital download not available for sale
- Reduction / cross-selling features
- Including transaction fees
- Apps can be expensive
- Reform the site when switching themes
As both are currently the top e-commerce platforms in the market, they both offer some basic and similar features, which are:
- Create and design stores using their available templates and themes
- Manage the store using CMS (Content Management System)
- Analysis tools for sales features
- SEO management and support
- Accept online payments using a range of payment gateways
- Manage tax and shipping calculator
It is one of the oldest and leading host e-commerce solutions on the market; in particular, it has dramatically improved both selling features and offering unlimited bandwidth with its V2 (VOLT). With more than 180,000 businesses, Volition has shown its place in the market for a superior e-commerce platform.