They can be sent through word of a mouth when you talk with your employees, or customers. They can be sent through written words that can be in the form of email, letter, report, marketing materials…
The messages can be automated, as when you use auto responders to send email newsletter, or different marketing messages. Furthermore, you can send them manually when you talk on meetings, or send email to your business partner.
Such messages are important part of your business communication. Your business depends on them.
But, what about the perception? How they are perceived from the recipients?
Remember that there is only one reliable source that will tell you about the perceptions of your messages: the recipients of the messages.
- Do you have clear goals for different type of communication you or your business performs? It is important to have clear goals for different communication channels that you use in your business. Clear goals are something that can tell you about the success of your communication. Without them, you can’t evaluate recipient’s perception.
- Evaluate perceptions from recipients. The only test about success of your communication effort is what recipients perceive. You need to find ways how you can evaluate that perception regardless it is internal or external communication.
- Unfavorable perception needs your action. If you find something wrong in your messages that you communicate internally or externally in the form of unfavorable perception you need to do something. Start analyzing the reasons why that happened. It will give you the basis for effective communication in the future.
- You need to get useful feedback. The process needs to have the system that will enable you useful feedback from the recipients about your messages. But, the more important is what you can do about the feedback. You need to make something to improve your future communication.
- If you find more than one recipients to have unfavorable perception, probably there are many more. This is an important rule if you want to improve your overall communication. Don’t think that this is minority, always think that probably there are more persons with unfavorable perception about you. Only in that way you will be highly motivated to improve your communication process.
- Get outside building and search for real feedback. I know that you can use surveys, focus groups and meetings internal in your business, but if you want to know what’s the perception outside your company about you and your company you need to go outside.
- You need to listen before you send messages. If you want to increase the success of your messages, you need to know what recipient wants to hear, read and do. Listen to your employees, customers and potential customers. That’s the best feedback that you can get from them to improve yourself
Most Popular Articles:
- How to Promote and Advertise a Business in 2023
- 8 Ways You Can Grow Your Business With the Right Software Solution
- 5 Key Elements of a Truly Effective Resume
- Becoming a Certified Teacher: The Benefits and How to Do It
- How Does Arbitrage Work in Investing? Explication And Examples
- How Is TME Leading the Electronic Component E-Commerce?