In one of the earlier posts, I write about a marketing calendar. Marketing calendar must be part of any successful small business marketing plan. Here you can download a specific marketing calendar template you can use to increase the efficiency of your marketing efforts.
Simply, it is a twelve month description, or in some cases other period of time as weekly or monthly marketing calendar of everything that you will plan to do about your marketing efforts and achieve as an entrepreneur in a specific period of time.
This is one of the most important tools for you.
Why is important marketing calendar for your company?
As we say in that post, the marketing calendar is important because it:
- helps you to measure all your marketing effort for the specific period of time,
- helps you to track all your marketing costs,
- helps you to improve your overall marketing efforts and
- helps you stay focused on what is important for you and your small business.
What contain this marketing calendar template?
The marketing calendar template that you can download in this post contains all important elements of a marketing calendar that will help you to measure your efforts, track your costs, improve your marketing efforts and stay focused for the best possible results.
This marketing calendar template is based on twelve columns:
- Marketing tactic. Here you need to describe all marketing tactics that you plan to use for your business in a specific period of time.
- Target market. In many cases different marketing tactic will be used for different target markets. Here you need to describe your target market.
- Budget in $. How much money you can spend for this tactic. How much will be costs for that marketing activity?
- From date and To date. For which period of time you will use this tactic?
- Number of potential customers. How many persons you will cover with the specific tactic?. Put the number, for example, 100 persons or 1,000.00 persons.
- Number of acquired customers. One thing is how many persons from your target market will be covered with the specific tactic, but another thing is how many of them will become your customers. Put the number, for example, 100 persons or 1,000.00 persons.
- Costs in $. How much money you really spend for each tactic? One thing is your budget, but in many cases you will spend more or less from your initially planned budget. This is important for you, especially in the next cycles of your marketing efforts and better budget planning.
- CLV – Customers Life Time value in $. How much is the worth of each of customers that you have? This is important metric when we talk about marketing, because it will tell you how much income and profit you will generate in the future on average from one customer.
- CLV/Costs. This is an additional metric that will quickly tell you if a specific marketing tactic is successful or not. If the results from this equation is larger than 1, the specific marketing tactic is successful. But, be careful with this number. You don’t want to spend your time on efforts that will not bring profit for your small business. Because the 1 as a result of the equation means that you will cover the costs, but you will cover the costs for the lifetime of each customer and in many cases it can be several years or more. One of the best results in this metric is to receive three or more as a result.
- Customer Acquisition Costs. How much money costs you each of the acquired customer? This is another one metric that can be useful for you and the future improvements of your overall marketing efforts. For example, if you spend $500,00 on Facebook ads, and you acquire 10 customers for your business, it means that customer acquisition costs for this tactic is $500,00 divided by 10 customers, or $50,00 per customer.
With this marketing calendar template, you will be able to measure all your marketing weapons or tactics that you use to attract new customers for your small business. On the other hand, you can always improve them because you can easily discover what brings you desired results and what will need to be excluded in the future.
Download this marketing calendar template from here.