As an entrepreneur, often your job will be to reach the “yes” response from your customers. How can you get so wanted “yes” to help you grow your small business? This is an essential question for you as an entrepreneur.
We always try to come to that “Yes”! We want our clients to say yes; I’ll buy it! We want our customers to say yes, I like it! It’s not so simple. It’s the process that we must follow to make it possible.
You want yes from your customers. Also, you want yes from your employees. You want yes from your partners. Often, your only job is to reach a “yes” response from everyone around you and your company.
Here, I would like to cover five tips that will help you succeed in getting positive answers from your customers.
Table of contents
- 1. Build Your Authority and Trustworthiness
- 2. Give Something If You Want to Get Something and That Yes
- 3. Build Irresistible Offers for Your Customers
- 4. Don’t Give Up
- 5. Be There in the Most Important Moments for Your Customers
- Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion
1. Build Your Authority and Trustworthiness
It would be best if you started by building your own authority. If you have more authority, you will have more possibilities to reach that so wanted yes from your customers.
If you want to increase your authority, first ask yourself the following questions:
- How can you make your customers believe in you?
- How can you show them that you know what you are talking about?
This is where your knowledge and your experience come into play. You must understand your customer to get your business in the right direction. You need to know who they are, what they are looking for, and what they are willing to pay for.
Your authority will build trust in you and your business. If your customers trust you, it will be much easier to get that so wanted yes from them.
And your authority is the key to making this happen. You can’t fake authority. It can only come from a true understanding of what it means to have authority. Authority is the power to command respect, demand obedience, and influence others.
Don’t lose your time on anything else. Start with building your authority and trust.
How to Build Your Authority and Trustworthiness
Authority is the ability to influence and persuade people because you have a high degree of expertise. In contrast, trustworthiness is the ability to convince others because you have a high degree of integrity. People prefer to work with people they trust and follow the lead of people they know can do the job. So, if you want to sell something to someone, you first need to build your authority and trustworthiness.
To start building your authority and trustworthiness, you will need to be:
- Honest. Honesty is a critical element of trust. It is essential to always be truthful and forthright in your dealings with others. In sales, trust is vital to building relationships with your audience because if people don’t trust you, they’ll take their business elsewhere. Trust is built through being honest. Honesty in business can make all the difference between success and failure.
- Transparent. Transparency refers to the openness and clarity of an organization or individual’s communications. To be transparent, you must share all the relevant information the consumer needs to know about a company and its products, services, and operations.
- Consistent. Consistency means that you keep doing the same things over and over again. Establishing what is consistent for your brand is essential because it builds trust. And when your customers believe in your brand, they’ll feel comfortable giving you their money. You will always need to deliver what you have promised that you will deliver.
Show That You Have a Track Record
Whether you’re applying for a new job, starting a business, or trying to sell something to someone, having a history of success is key to your success. This is because if someone asks why they should hire you, a strong record of success is what they want to hear.
Showing you have a track record and can deliver what you promise will build trust and allow you to sell on your terms.
Here is what you can do to show your successful track record to increase your authority and trustworthiness:
- Write about successes from the past on your blog.
- Show your previous client testimonials.
- Add links to examples of prior work.
- Demonstrate your skills.
- Tell a story about your success.
- Include the facts and data
- If you have failures, talk about them and what you have learned.
2. Give Something If You Want to Get Something and That Yes
The rule of reciprocity is highly anticipated in the business world. You need to give something important, something worth for your customers if you want to receive that so wanted yes from them.
Why is it important? Reciprocity is a form of mutual obligation in which you do something valuable for others. You have to give something valuable and important to others, which they will return to you with appreciation. It’s a way to show appreciation, gratitude, or respect towards someone.
And when we are talking about giving something of value, it can be in the form of discounts, freebies, or any other promotional offer.
By giving them something, you will show them you care about them. You will show them that they are important to you. Also, you will show them that you want to build a long-term relationship with them.
3. Build Irresistible Offers for Your Customers
You will always win and receive a yes as an answer if your offer is a really irresistible offer. Such an offer will not allow no from your customers.
Think about the offers you’ve seen in magazines or ads that you’ve really wanted to buy. Then imagine if that offer came to you every week or month for the rest of your life. That’s what you’d end up paying. Offers in magazines and ads are a form of urgency. When you’re offered a discount, a freebie, or a gift in exchange for a purchase, that’s an instant motivator to buy.
Irresistible offers make customers feel like the offer is something they need, something they desire. To build a compelling offer, the author must start with a good understanding of what he wants to say and a plan to communicate his message. An offer that doesn’t provide an adequate return on investment will be quickly rejected.
You will have several seconds to prove the worth of your offer. If you succeed in this, you will receive a yes as an answer.
4. Don’t Give Up
One negative feedback doesn’t mean you need to stop your attempts to receive a yes as an answer.
I think that if you genuinely and sincerely try to make things work, you will eventually succeed. You can try to receive a “yes” again in the same way, but if you have been trying for a while now, it’s probably not going to happen. So, you need to change something and try it again. It means that you will need to try again with something better, something more important for them, something more valuable for your customers.
Your persistence and perseverance are essential for your success.
You’ve been working hard on your business and doing everything right. You’re focused on the goals, so you’re building a profitable and sustainable business. And then, one day, you wake up and realize something: You’re not seeing the results you want to see. Your revenue is stagnant. Or your profit margins are low. Your customer engagement is low. Your conversion rate is low. Or your average order value is low.
But, all of these things can be improved. You must be persistent and try changing things until they start working how you want.
This is a big reason why it’s so important to develop a solid plan of action that will help you achieve your goals and meet your deadlines. You don’t have to be perfect, but you do need to be consistent.
You need to be persistent to succeed in business. It is a fact that when you fail to persist, your chances of succeeding are very slim.
I have had several projects that don’t bring me success for several years. I often wanted to quit, but now I am glad I didn’t give up in the early stages.
Don’t give up. Improve your offer and try again.
5. Be There in the Most Important Moments for Your Customers
Doing business is not only selling to your customers. In the past, this was true, but today it is not. Your business will need to build a long-term relationship with your customers if you want to succeed.
You’ll need to understand your customer base and develop ways to reach out to them regularly, even when they don’t immediately need your product or service. Your customers may not always understand your product and services, so you’ll need to be prepared to explain them to them. You’ll also need to know how you can improve their lives by providing the product or service they need.
It is essential to create a good customer experience. When people come to your business and have a positive experience, they are more likely to buy from you again. Creating a great customer experience requires the right mix of human and digital interaction.
When customers need help or have questions, they often check in with support channels. So, consider investing in live chat when you know the support will be an important part of your website’s design and navigation. Live chat helps you answer questions faster, solve problems, and resolve complaints.
The concept is simple enough: you need to be there when your customers need you most.
Because of that, always be there for them. Be their friend, be someone they can rely on. If you are such a person for them, you can accept their “yes” always when you need a yes as a response.
Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion
When I read Robert Cialdini’s book Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion, I extracted my knowledge about six principles or weapons of influence. However, the reality is that we don’t consistently implement these simple principles in our everyday work. When I saw this video, it reminded me of the following:
- Commitment and Consistency
- Social Proof
I think it is worth recalling them once again.
Most Popular Articles:
- Trending:Here’s How to Decide Which Type of Attorney You Need
- Trending:The Role of a Salesforce Consultant: Understanding the Services They Provide
- Trending:Common Myths About Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Trending:3 Crucial Tips on How to Improve Your Conversion Rate
- Trending:Custom Machinery 101: Pros, Cons, And Tips for Business Owners
- Trending:6 Legal Facts About Bankruptcy Every Entrepreneur Needs to Understand