You can have the best-designed systems to support your business, the best employees who will implement different tasks related to your customers and again there will be large place for different type of mistakes. That mistakes can easily create bad customers experience. But, it is not the end of your business. It can be the start of the end of your business, if you don’t take anything to solve the problems and improve your business.
Because mistakes are reality, and delivering bad customer experience can be reality, every entrepreneur should build systems to turn bad customers experience into extraordinary because of following reasons.
- Bad customer’s experience can quickly spread a negative message about your company. That’s true, and in most of the cases bad customer’s experience is spreading with bigger speed than extraordinary customer experience.
- Bad customer’s experience can have a negative effect also on your current customers who have not yet experienced bad experience with your company. Your current customers when will hear about bad experience of other customers will also lose trust in your business and will have a negative effect on your small business.
- Bad customer’s experience will quickly build an angry community around your business. Because spreading bad things about your business has a light speed, often there will appear an angry community who will have negative opinion about you and your company.
Every person in your company must work to eliminate the mistakes and solve the problems if you want to minimize the negative effect of bad customers experience and turn it into extraordinary.
Let’s look what you need to do.
- Mistakes are allowed, but it is not allowed to not manage them. Today is normal to make mistakes. There will not be mistakes if you don’t do anything. It’s not possible. But, today also is not allowed mistakes to not be managed. To manage the mistakes you will need to be aware that you make a mistake, to learn why you make a mistake, to take concrete actions to improve customers experience in eliminating the problems caused by that mistake and to overdeliver value to customers who experienced your mistakes.
- You need to have a backup plan if you don’t succeed to deliver extraordinary experience. Because mistakes can happen, and in the same time it can’t be fully predictable you will need to have a backup plan about what you or your team members will need to do if mistakes that you or they made deliver bad customer experience. This means that your backup plan will need to cover concrete action steps that will need to be taken to solve the problems caused by the specific mistake, and make an over delivering of additional value. Only in such a way your company will succeed in turning bad customer experience into extraordinary. Also, your backup plan will clearly need to define responsibilities of people that will be included in implementation of such a plan.
- You will need to improvise to turn bad customer experience into extraordinary if you can’t implement your backup plan. Even you will have a well-written backup plan that will deal with bad customer experience, you will also need to be aware that this processes can’t be 100% covered in ahead. There will be a different situation with different requirements to be solved. Because of that, when you make your backup plan think and allow improvisations that can be made according to the customer’s needs. Everything that can allow turning bad customer experience into extraordinary will be allowed, because as you know the effects of bad customer experience can have negative consequences for your business.
- You need to react as quickly as possible. The speed of solving problems, especially problems that your customers have experienced with your business will need to be on a highest possible priority level. Your customer support team without delaying will need to start working on possible solutions that will turn bad customer experience into extraordinary. If your team delay solving problems, the negative message about your company can’t be stopped, it will start spreading around your current and potential customers.
- You need to make a commitment to turn bad experiences into extraordinary. Even you already have a backup plan and allow improvisations when it comes to turning bad customer experience into extraordinary, you and your team must be committed to always work on improving current customer experience and turning bad into extraordinary experience.
- After you turn bad customers experience into extraordinary, you need to find why that happened and how you can ensure it will not happen again into the future. And the last advice is about continuous improvement. If the mistakes can’t be fully predicted, they can be basis for continuous learning and improvement of the process that your business use in delivering extraordinary customer experience.
The whole human resources in your small business will need to work on delivering really extraordinary customer experience, but also the responsibility of turning the bad into extraordinary is on all of them. Regardless for which department they work, if they found themselves in a situation that can help to improve customer experience they will need to jump in and do everything that they can do.
Question: Do you have experience in delivering bad customer experience and turning it into extraordinary? If you have such an experience, please share with us what you take to solve the situation. You can leave a comment by clicking here.