Business innovation is something new, something undiscovered, something still not tried in the business world and the market where operate a particular business.
Entrepreneurs are persons who simply have the biggest responsibility for business innovation.
The business or company that an entrepreneur found or start is also an innovation.
Innovation is important for your small business so, you need to invest in innovation and accelerate your business innovation process. Simply innovation doesn’t happen by itself, it will need to be accelerated, or you as an entrepreneur will need to be accelerated in your company.
You must continuously learn new things because you need to listen to your customers, your employees and everyone related to your small business. On the other side, you must motivate yourself and your employees if you want to succeed. So, if you want to be an effective motivator, know how to start a motivational speech.
I want to continue with this serial of blog posts related to business quotes. The previous post from this serial was business idea quotes.
Now, I will continue with business innovation quotes.
Business Innovation Quotes
- Innovation is the creation of the new or the re-arranging of the old in a new way – Michael Vance.
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower – Steve Jobs.
- Innovation is the central issue in economic prosperity – Michael Porter.
- Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth – Peter Drucker.
- Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow – William Pollard.
- Innovation is not the product of logical thought, although the result is tied to logical structure – Albert Einstein.
- Mindless habitual behavior is the enemy of innovation – Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
- Innovation by definition will not be accepted at first. It takes repeated attempts, endless demonstrations, monotonous rehearsals before innovation can be accepted and internalized by an organization. This requires “courageous patience” – Warren Bennis.
- Innovation is the process of turning ideas into manufacturable and marketable form – Watts Humprey.
- We can believe that we know where the world should go. But unless we’re in touch with our customers, our model of the world can diverge from reality. There’s no substitute for innovation, of course, but innovation is no substitute for being in touch, either – Steve Ballmer.
- Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation, so is innovation the vital spark of all human change, improvement, and progress – Ted Levitt.
- Without change, there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable – William Pollard
- Since we live in an age of innovation, a practical education must prepare a man for work that does not yet exist and cannot yet be clearly defined – Peter Drucker.
- Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it – Steve Jobs.
- The real source of wealth and capital in this new era is not material things.. it is the human mind, the human spirit, the human imagination, and our faith in the future – Steve Forbes.
- Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction – Picasso.
- Innovation is fostered by information gathered from new connections; from insights gained by journeys into other disciplines or places; from active, collegial networks and fluid, open boundaries. Innovation arises from ongoing circles of exchange, where information is not just accumulated or stored, but created. Knowledge is generated anew from connections that weren’t there before – Margaret J. Wheatley
- Innovation is the specific tool of entrepreneurs, the means by which they exploit change as an opportunity for a different business or a different service. It is capable of being presented as a discipline, capable of being learned, capable of being practiced. Entrepreneurs need to search purposefully for the sources of innovation, the changes and their symptoms that indicate opportunities for successful innovation. And they need to know and to apply the principles of successful innovation – Peter Drucker.
- If I had asked the public what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse – Henry Ford.
- We don’t have a traditional strategy process, planning process like you’d find in traditional technology companies. It allows Google to innovate very, very quickly, which I think is a real strength of the company – Eric Schmidt.
Conclusions and Recommendations
- Business innovation doesn’t mean that you must to create something new. Business innovation also means that you can improve something old or existing.
- Innovation can make your business unique.
- Business innovation as a process in a healthy business is a never-ending process. If something is innovation today, it’s not tomorrow. You must improve this.
- The Business innovation needs creativity. You must exit from something that is logical or normal for you as an entrepreneur. Disturbances to the daily balance of normality cause creativity and creativity cause innovation. Normality, typical behavior or established standards are the biggest enemies of innovation.
- If you want innovation to be accepted in your organization, you will need long-term experiments, trials, errors, and patience. On the other hand, each innovation is the enemy of the comfortable status quo situation of organizational members. Because of that, the resistance to the innovation is something expected.
- For successful business innovation, it is necessary to build a feeling about what is happening in the environment. You need to be in a close relationship with your customers. They have the potential to help you in selecting the real innovation for your business. Entrepreneurs should always search for different sources of business innovation and immediately begin to act on it.
- The changes are closely related to innovation. Without change, you can’t expect successful innovation.
- What you think, is anyone in your company able to perform better their own work tomorrow? I think yes. But, are these persons, your employees, encouraged to think about improving their own work? When you standardize something, the likelihood is that each employee will remain in the field to those standards without considering the improvement of those standards. Each business innovation begins with the destruction of the present, as Picasso says.