The printing business is precisely that direction where the ease of organization, the availability of advertising, and the potential profitability are met at one point. However, the profitability of the printing house is dependent on many nuances. That’s why it is important for beginners to understand all the subtleties of opening and promoting the printing business from scratch.
When starting this deal, you need to hire the most appropriate personnel, choose the optimal premise, buy the right equipment and, of course, make a business plan. This article will help you not to go astray.
Why Should You Launch This Business
There are a lot of advantages of this idea you should take benefits from:
- There is the possibility to start activities even in your own apartment with only a few devices for printing and copying.
- There is an increased demand for printing services in certain urban areas. You can easily find these places by the availability of educational institutions or organizations working with documentation.
- The printing technique is presented in a large assortment and at a very reasonable price, that is, an entrepreneur can always try the difference between toner and ink printer and find the most suitable solution for himself.
How to Start the Organization of a Mini Printing House
- Making the first step, you should legalize and formalize your activities. You need to get documents that you are an individual entrepreneur, your activity is legal and taxable.
- Secondly, you should open a bank account, to receive earned money, and with which you can pay taxes, buy supplies.
You Should Develop the Detailed Production Plan
- The room. You will need a non-residential premise of at least 50 m2 on the first floor, (always hurrying students can just be too lazy to climb on the fifth floor to reach you), with the possibility of installing additional ventilation. The most advantageous location is at the center of business activity of the city. Try to choose a place by which a large number of people pass daily. It is very advantageous to install small print shops near educational institutions because students always need printing services.
- You should choose the right equipment. You need a digital printing machine, cutter, laminator, binder for fastening products with a spring. You need to find printers that are the right fit for you, be it Direct-to-Garment or Direct-to-Film. At the beginning for small-scale printing, where you are looking for good color results and you don’t want to make such a large investment, DTF printing may be more suitable.
- To maintain this equipment you will need an operator of a digital printer and a bookbinder with the ability to work with a laminator and a cutter.
Subtleties of Advertising
The most effective way of promotion in “small” printing is direct marketing, that is, a huge and noticeable board installed right before the eyes of potential customers.
But, of course, other types of promotion work.
- Advertising on Internet resources, including social networks. If your primary target audience is students, then social networks will be the main channels for attracting customers.
- Distributing business cards, booklets, leaflets containing a list of services.
- Creating your own site.
- Cold calls to possible “large” customers with the proposal of favorable conditions.
On a Concluding Note
If you want to develop your printing business and have profits, you need to work qualitatively. The key features of this business will be the correctly chosen location and targeted advertising.