If you have a knack for writing and you love traveling, then you’re in luck because the two can make a perfect match. Traveling always brings a meaningful and fun experience, and you can actually make money out of it through freelance writing.
In this post, you’ll learn how freelance writing while traveling can make you some extra money.
Become a Blogger
A blogger is someone who writes different content topics for the web, either on a personal website or someone else website. You can earn money by blogging through affiliate marketing or promoting other people’s products on your website and earn a commission.
For a travel blogger, there are a wide array of topics you can post, such as the following:
- Best Things to Do in (name of the place you’re visiting)
- Great Places to Visit in Bangkok
- Luggage Packing Tips and Tricks
- What I Love About London
Write for a Travel Company
You can find a detailed post on finding top writing jobs through Contena on Bengu so that you can find your first clients, particularly travel and tourism companies. All you have to do is take beautiful photos of the places you’ll be traveling and write unique, appealing, and informative content that they can add to their blog post, helpful articles, and web pages.
Here’s how you’ll get paid by your clients when freelance writing:
- Open a PayPal or Payoneer account where your clients can send their payments to you.
- You’ll be asked to link your bank account so you can simply transfer the funds once you receive the payment straight to your bank account.
- Depending on the agreed terms and mode of payment, you can send an invoice to your clients once your written output has been approved so they can send the payment.
Become a Social Media Influencer
A social media influencer is someone who has thousands or millions of followers on social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Advertisers and business owners can partner with you and take advantage of your popularity and creative writing skills to promote their products and services to your followers. In return, you’ll get paid by being a brand ambassador, usually per-project basis.
If you prefer to take this route to earn money, you have to remember that it takes time, patience, and hard work to build a travel social media page that’ll earn an enormous amount of followers so you can become an influencer. It’s important to post regularly to keep your followers updated and entice them to like and share your posts.
Here’s how to become a social media influencer:
- Create a social media fan page for your travel adventures.
- Invite your family and friends to join your travel social media fan page. Ask them to like and share your posts. The more followers you’ll get, the higher the chances of you attaining a social media influencer status.
- Join different travel groups so you can broaden your social media presence.
Become a Video Blogger
Video marketing is an amazing way to promote your travel page and entice advertisers and business owners to partner with you so you can earn money. Similar to blogging, a video blogger is someone who creates content in video form in video marketing platforms, like YouTube.
You can still apply your writing skills with the text content of your travel page and scripts of your video posts.
Here’s how to become a video blogger:
- You can create your travel YouTube channel and start uploading your best travel videos.
- Similar to social media, you can ask your family and friends to share and like your YouTube videos to earn good traffic.
- Create videos of different travel topics that’ll appeal to your target audience, such as videos to show your experience in bungee jumping in Niouc Bridge, Switzerland, mountain climbing in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, or scuba diving in Palau, Micronesia.
Become a Tourism Brand Ambassador
You can partner with a tourism agency or travel-related brand or company and become their ambassador, representing and promoting their products and services on your travel website or social media page.
It’s quite similar to becoming an influencer but more personalized, active, and promotional. To become a tourism brand ambassador, you need to have a travel blog website and a great email newsletter design for your email marketing campaigns.
For those who love traveling and writing at the same time, freelance writing is a perfect way to earn money. You can become a blogger, video blogger, social media influencer, or a freelance writer for different travel and tourism companies.
Get paid per hour or project basis, and enjoy traveling while earning money at the same time.