Some products are more popular than others. Users come back to using them again and again, completely ignoring their competitors. What helps them to win the hearts of the clients?
One of the keys to creating a great product is user experience. If you approach a product not only from the designer’s point of view but also as an analyst and marketer, it helps with UX a lot. You manage to add value to your website or app and make it more intuitive.
In this post, we will explore how you can add value to your product’s user experience.
How to showcase the benefits of your product
The first thing you need to do is to discover the unique benefits of a product that make it stand out on the market. For this, you need to decide on the concept of your application. You can consult a UX design agency like Clay.Global to find out the following:
- What key features it will have;
- How it will solve users’ problems;
- What actions people will need to perform to satisfy their needs with the help of your product.
After answering these questions, build the logic of your application. Let us look at a real-life example.
How LinkedIn brings values to its clients
The world-famous social network LinkedIn was built by professionals who understand quite well how to provide value to the customers and make them enjoy their UX.
This platform provides people with an opportunity to communicate with colleagues, to look for a job (for employees) or personnel (for companies). This website acts as an intermediary, helping the two stakeholders find each other. For them, it provides enormous value.
Now let us look at the features. Looking for work is possible through the search bar. You can also upload and download CVs and post vacancies on the website.
The registration process on the website takes place in several stages. First, the user fills in the registration form on the main page. The upper part contains a slogan that briefly explains the essence of the web resource. Thus, a person can immediately get down to business and register.
After registration, they will receive a brief verification of identity through SMS. When a person confirms their identity, the system will immediately transfer them to the profile creation page.
There, the user will be able to specify:
- Their location;
- Current position;
- Add friends and colleagues;
- Upload avatar.
A person receives fresh information from a news feed — the service minimal personal information in order for you to use the website and gives useful recommendations. If you are a beginner, the website itself will help you find out the steps and what you need to work on.
LinkedIn has gained popularity all over the world and has become one of the main places to look for a job and networking. The company continues to attract professional designers to work on its redesign. It also constantly improves customer service, marketing, and so on in order to further improve their user experience and attract even more clients to the platform.
Reddit: platform of interest
Reddit is a popular service, which is a social network, a forum, and a news portal at the same time.
It provides to its users the ability to communicate with other users on topics of interest to them, from seals to politics. By creating posts, topics, or participating in discussions, you can learn a lot of new stuff and share your opinion.
To use Reddit, you need to register, indicate a user name, choose interesting topics, and start surfing the website. You can access the content without registration. However, you will not be able to like and dislike posts.
Users can independently raise topics of interest to them with the upvote and downvote buttons. Content that will appeal to most will get to the top.
The first time a person visiting the website sees the welcome registration window.
To register, the user only needs to enter their email, select five topics of interest, and set a username. After this, the registration process will be formally completed.
What you can learn from LinkedIn and Reddit
If you want users to enjoy your product, follow a few principles that have already been tested by leading Internet platforms:
- Keep the registration process short. The less time a user spends, the better.
- Create direct information architecture. Steps should be as linear as possible. Guide the user from point A to point B and do not confuse him.
- Intrigue. Show what awaits users on the site or in the application. Try to engage users in each subsequent step by slightly opening the curtain of content that awaits them.
- Collect only important data. If you have an entertainment portal, you do not need to ask the visitor about the place of work, length of service, and other information.
- Create visual cues and indicators for the UI. This will help the user make sure that “everything is going according to plan.”
Now you know how you can add value to UX and make your clients happier. Hopefully, you will apply the principles of design from top international companies in your own projects.
Most Popular Articles:
- What Are the Prospecting Tools for Business in 2023?
- All The Reasons Why the Air Conditioner Needs To Be Cleaned Regularly
- What Is the Effectiveness Of Direct Mail Campaigns?
- 5 Reasons Pens Make an Awesome Marketing Tool
- Blue Collar Recruitment: How Businesses Can Overcome Talent Shortage
- How to Entice Your Audience into Subscribing