There are really unlimited ways and places to brainstorm ideas. It is not in deficiency. The more important problem can be you as an entrepreneur. Do you want to innovate and be always one step ahead of your competition?
If you know that your job is continuous improvements and innovation, then probably you will have enough innovation ideas for the next several years.
Listening several entrepreneurs complaining me that they not know what to improve or innovate in their businesses, it is clear for me that they simply want to find explanation because they don’t want to innovate.
So, here is a definitive guide to brainstorm innovation ideas for your company.
Brainstorm Innovation Ideas: Start With Your Current Customers
Your current customers are the most relevant sources for innovation ideas. They are using your products and services as a result of your processes. They are in continuous interaction with your business model. So, they know what you need to improve or bring something new in your products, services, processes, and business model. Why not start with them?
- Develop and implement process to measure customer’s satisfaction and their feedback as experience working with you.
- Create database from customer’s feedback.
- Use surveys to measure their satisfaction.
- Design and implement focus groups with your most important customers.
- Collect and analyze data from your customers.
Using these tactics you will always have innovation ideas for your company.
Brainstorm Innovation Ideas: Your Potential Customers
What if you want to expand your market? What if you want totally different products and services or drastically improvement of your current products and services? In such a way, you will need to include your potential customers. Individuals who are not yet your buyers, but they are close to you, or they are part of your target or ideal customers.
- Talk with your potential customers.
- Survey your potential customers.
- Collect and analyze ideas that are coming from your potential customers.
Brainstorm Innovation Ideas: Your Staff Members
Your staff members are persons that run and manage all the processes installed into your company. So, they are in interaction with your processes on the everyday level and in such a way they can be the best sources to improve and change the processes.
On the other side, members of your marketing and sales staff are in everyday interaction with your current and potential customers. Again, they are the first persons who can hear something new from the customers and these heard things can become one of the best innovation ideas.
- Develop and implement processes for suggestion systems in your company.
- Communicate with your staff members and encourage them to share their innovation ideas.
- Organize periodic meetings with your staff members.
- Award and recognize your staff members that share their ideas for improvements.
Brainstorm Innovation Ideas: Everything Else
As the last group of places where you can try to find innovation ideas are everything else. Under everything else I mean reading books, scientific journals, scientific researches, websites, forums, social media, magazines and so on.
You can find many useful information that easily can be used as innovation ideas in your company. So, start building habits to collect and process information from everywhere.