It is not about do you have or not weaknesses. It is more about do you recognize them and what you make to cut their effect on your business success. You can always work on your strengths and eliminate weaknesses through delegating tasks.
Often, your weaknesses aren’t visible for you. But, they are visible for your company that will start struggling. So, your business struggle because of you as a reason. So, here I want to share four things you can do about your weaknesses.
1. Create Your Most Important Strengths and Weaknesses List
Before you start working on turning your weaknesses into strengths, you need to know what can be an entrepreneurial weakness and what can be an entrepreneurial strength. As you probably already think there are many things that can be weakness or strength. But, here I would like to cover an example list of most important strengths and weaknesses related to your entrepreneurial career.
- Self-discipline. If you are disciplined person, motivated to do things you set to do, not procrastinating and controlling your personal behavior then you are a self-disciplined person. In this situation your self-discipline can be your strength, but if your behavior is not such as described above, then your self-discipline can be your weakness.
- Problem solving. If you are an analytical person with great ability to identify and define problems, able to analyze them, find causes and right solutions and implementing best solutions then problem solving is your strength. Otherwise, problem solving can be your weakness.
- Teamwork. If you want to work in teams and you can easily communicate with team members, encourage, listen, and respect them, give great contribution to achievement of team objectives, teamwork is your strength. Otherwise, teamwork can be your weakness.
- Initiative. If you are a person who continuously has ideas to do something to improve your company and take all necessary steps to make it possible, then initiative is your entrepreneurial strength. Otherwise, initiative can be your weakness.
- Persistence and patience. As an entrepreneur, you probably already know that the results will not come today, but you will need to be persistent and patient. So, these two characteristics can be your strengths or weakness.
2. Recognize and Learn About Your Weaknesses
The biggest question here is how you can recognize what are your most important weaknesses and strengths. When it comes to your entrepreneurial activities, you will always want to do something. This something often is accomplishment of your goals. Because of that, when I want to recognize the biggest weakness of an entrepreneur, my starting point is their goal accomplishment.
- What I have accomplished from my goals in the last several years?
- What are strengths that allow me to achieve my goals?
- What are my biggest weaknesses that don’t allow my business to succeed?
- What are the strengths I need and still don’t have to help my business succeed on the market?
- How other people respond to such weaknesses? Can I use some of their strategies?
- What can be your unique strategy to beat your biggest weaknesses as an entrepreneur?
3. Write Entrepreneur’s Journal Each Day
One strategy that can help you in recognizing and turning your weaknesses into strengths is to use entrepreneur’s journal. It is your daily diary that will help you to learn about yourself, your mistakes and failures. In such a way, you will become a stronger entrepreneur.
Entrepreneur’s journal is something where you will spend 30 minutes daily to write about your daily experiences and successes from one side, and your biggest struggles and failures from other side. Simply give it a chance to daily journal, and you will see the progress on your entrepreneurial journey.
4. Accept That You Have Weaknesses and Work Hard on Implementation of Your Strategies
Now, when you already have the list of weaknesses that prevent you in accomplishing your goals, the most important thing you need to ensure is that you really accept that everything on the list is your weakness.
Often, I have seen entrepreneurs know that they have some weaknesses, but they simply ignore them because they can’t accept the fact that they have weaknesses.