In this post, you can find the list of 77 items as possible business improvements that you can use in the next 77 days. Of course, the list is not final, we can go with more possibilities that can bring overall business improvements. However, it is limited to the 77 most important elements for your company in order to feel the benefits as soon as possible.
Everyday business improvements are the lifeblood of the success of your company. Because of that I think that you need to take all necessary steps in order to work on many business improvements as quickly as possible.
You can use all 77 ideas for business improvements all at once, but my recommendation is to use them in the cycles. Start from the first day and finish with the last day, but then go back again from first day. In such a way, you can have a company that will be much more difficult to be copied for someone else. Simply, start with the proposed business improvements.
- Day 1: Creativity. First place where you can always find something for improvement is the ways how you increase your own creativity and your staff member’s creativity. Better creativity will help you in improving all other elements mentioned in this post.
- Day 2: The way how you communicate new ideas. You are not alone and the ideas you have will not be only for you if you start with their realisation. So, you will need to communicate your ideas and get the improvements from that communication. But, in order to improve ideas through communication with other peoples, you will need to improve the communication process that you will use for this purpose.
- Day 3: Your business community. Who will be the persons with who you will communicate your ideas. They must be communicated with your community where you or your company operates. This is an important element of the process of creating and implementing ideas in your company. So, improve your community if you want to receive ideas for improvements of your ideas from the same community.
- Day 4: Improve the way how you prioritise the ideas. You will have many ideas, many projects from them but, with all of them will have different priority. On this fourth day you can start improving the process of prioritization.
- Day 5: Improve how you plan the implementation of your ideas. Many good ideas are not transformed into successful businesses or projects only due lack of one thing – implementation. So, be clever and implement and improve idea’s implementation planning process in your company.
- Day 6: Improve the idea’s implementation process. The idea can be really great, but if it is not implemented in the right way, the whole process would be pointless.
- Day 7: Improve your leadership style. Who is the leader, the person who will lead the whole process and what leadership style will be used?
- Day 8: Increase idea’s implementation capacity in your company. What is the capacity of the implementation of ideas? Can you increase that capacity? You can have large amount of ideas, but what you will get if you can’t implement them all?
- Day 9: Analyse your previous experience. Check previous experience with your planning process and find the biggest failures. These failures can become part of your improvements efforts.
- Day 10: Improve your forecasting process. Quality forecasting is the basis for a good planning process. In this tenth day of your improvements efforts improve your whole forecasting process.
- Day 11: Improve your knowledge regarding business planning. Effective business planning will require knowledge. So, find as much as possible sources of knowledge that will improve your planning process.
- Day 12: Improve your current business model. Start with the design of your current business model, then try to find possible improvements and incorporate them in your business plan.
- Day 13: Goals. What do you want to achieve with your business plan? The goals are the basis of any planning process and always there will be something that can be improved.
- Day 14: Graphs. Business plan is a graphical presentation of your business figures for the future. With one view, you can see the necessary improvements. Improve the graphics, so you can use them to follow and measure all other improvements.
- Day 15: The purpose of your business plan. What is the purpose of your business plan? Do not attempt to satisfy all sides with your business plan.
- Day 16: Interestingness of your business plan. Are your business plan is interesting enough or boring?
- Day 17: Realism instead of large false optimism. Even optimism is good thing, the business planning process requires from you to be realistic. So be realistic and don’t foresee or set goals too much optimistic.
- Day 18: Me, Me and Me Syndrome. Check out where you use it and try to avoid it in your business plan!
- Day 19: Look to your competition. You can always find opportunities to improve your view of the competitors.
- Day 20: Perspectives. Choose the right perspective through which you will be focus your view, improve it and just go ahead!
- Day 21: Implementation plan of your business plan. You will really need to have one implementation plan for business. Without such a plan, your business plan will not be implemented. So, improve it and implement it.
- Day 22: Evidence. Make sure that all the numbers and facts are drawn from proven and consistent sources of information, rather than from assumptions.
- Day 23: Financial sources. Look for possible financial sources and improve them!
- Day 24: Cash flow. Look at the cash flow analysis of and find elements that can be improved.
- Day 25: Cash flow skills. Improve your cash flow skills through different knowledge sources on thise issues.
- Day 26: Improve your costs structure. Believe it or not the costs are something that always can be improved.
- Day 27: Break-even analysis. Conduct a break-even analysis and see what, where and how to improve something.
- Day 28: Profit/Loose Projections. Look at your profit/loose projections and consider how to improve profit or how to make current loose to become profit.
- Day 29: Total Income/Expenses Rate. What is the ratio between total income and expenses and what you need to do to increase that relationship?
- Day 30: Return of Investments. What is the return of investment in your business? How you can improve it?
- Day 31: Net Income/Total Investments Rate. What is the ratio between net income and total investments and what you can do to increase that amount?
- Day 32: Organization. Effective organization is the basis for increased productivity. If you improve the way how you organise staff in and around your business, you will also improve the productivity.
- Day 33: Planning. Planning can increase personal and business productivity. Improve your planning process if you want to improve personal and business productivity.
- Day 34: Systems. Effective business systems enable faster execution of the same thing at the same period of time. There is always space for improvement.
- Day 35: Personal Life. Improve your personal life and you can see the difference in business life.
- Day 36: To-Do Lists. To-Do lists are useful tools in increasing productivity.
- Day 37: Constraints. There are always personal and business constraints. Find and eliminate them to increase personal and business productivity.
- Day 38: Outsourcing. What type of tasks can be outsourced that will increase overall business productivity?
- Day 39: Employees. Business productivity is based on the employee’s productivity.
- Day 40: Management Systems. Business productivity depends on the management systems that are used in your company.
- Day 41: Information Systems. Real information in real-time, to the right person will help to do more work in the same time. That’s better productivity.
- Day 42: Learning System. Knowledge gained through a good learning system will increase your business productivity.
- Day 43: Organize everything still unorganised. There is always something in business that is not organized properly.
- Day 44: Systematize your business processes. Systematization of your business processes is the basis for future improvements that will bring greater competitive advantage for your company.
- Day 45: Technology. Use your technology at the optimal level.
- Day 46: Input/Output. You can always improve the transformation of the input into the output of your business processes.
- Day 47: Business Model. The business model as a basis of any company can always be improved.
- Day 48: Marketing Plan. Create better marketing plan. Read more about marketing plan in the post titled as “Better Marketing Plan – 5 Questions & One Table“.
- Day 49: 4P. Product, promotion, place and price as elements of your marketing mix can always be subject for improvements.
- Day 50: Marketing Weapons. Each marketing weapon that you are currently using, always can be improved.
- Day 51: Marketing Calendar. Check, compare, analyze and redesign your marketing calendar.
- Day 52: Call to Action. Call to action is one of the most important elements of any marketing weapon that in the same time have an enormous impact on the success of a whole marketing campaign. Improve it if you want to increase efficiency and effectiveness of all your marketing efforts.
- Day 53: Customer’s segmentation. Use tools such as RFM formula and analyze demographics against activities of customers.
- Day 54: List of Customers. Check, compare, analyze and redesign your list of customers.
- Day 55: List of Potential Customers. Check, compare, analyze and redesign your list of potential customers.
- Day 56: Blog Design. How you can improve your blog design?
- Day 57: Website Design. How you can improve your website design.
- Day 58: Marketing Campaigns. You can always make a better marketing campaign than the previous one.
- Day 59: Online Strategy. Online strategy becomes one of the most important strategies for your company. Any improvements means the overall business improvements in the same time.
- Day 60: Attention, Reputation and Trust. Improve attracting attention to your company and in the same time build a better reputation and to trust.
- Day 61: Additional Service. Improve additional services that you are offering to your customers.
- Day 62: Know Your Customers. The customers are the most important persons in your business world. If you have a better knowledge about them, you will have better relationships with them.
- Day 63: Urgency. Improve elements that make a sense of urgency.
- Day 64: Benefits. Improve all of the benefits that your products and services offer to your customers.
- Day 65: Credibility. Improve the overall credibility of your company.
- Day 66: Offer. Improve your offer to be in terms easily understandable from your customers. Your offer must be based on the target market not on your wishes as an entrepreneur.
- Day 67: Social Media. Improve your presence on social media.
- Day 68: SEO. Optimize your web site and blog for the search engines.
- Day 69: Sales Funnel. Improve your sales funnel. There’s always place to make something better.
- Day 70: Sales Funnel Entrance. Increased entrance means increased likelihood of higher income.
- Day 71: Conversion Rate. Conversion rate is the rate of transformed potential buyers who become a part of your sales funnel into the buyers who pay you something. This measure is expressed as a percentage of total input and there are always possibilities for improvement.
- Day 72: Average Sales. Improve the average amount of sales from one customer.
- Day 73: Duration of the Sales Funnel. Reduce the duration of the sales funnel process.
- Day 74: Sales Team. The sales team are the persons finishing all sales process, so let they become more convincing.
- Day 75: Sales Team Knowledge. Your can always increase the level of knowledge of your sales team. However, they are in direct contact with your customers.
- Day 76: Smile. Improve the smile on the face of your sales team. Do not hold people who do not know how to laugh and smile to customers.
- Day 77: Explanations. You can always make a better explanation of the features and benefits of your product and /or service to the customers.
These was 77 ideas for business improvements that you can implement in the next 77 days. You can always add more things to the list because this is not the final list for all possible business improvements ideas.
Question: What you think that can be added to this list of business improvements? You can leave a comment by clicking here.