In the last weeks, I start with topics about blogging for business. As you already know, blogging for business is an important thing for your businesses, but at the same time, it is not an easy task for you as an entrepreneur. The biggest question is about what you will need to write. What to publish on your business blog? Because of that here I will share more than 100 blog post ideas for your business blog.
The biggest challenge for entrepreneurs from my experience is to have a pool with possible blog post ideas for their business blog. Because blogging is not a one-time task for business, you will need a starting point with ideas to ensure that your blog will be alive for a longer period of time.
How many topics you will need depends on the publishing frequency you will use. If you publish each day, you will need more ideas. However, the important thing is your commitment to start blogging for your business and consistency to succeed. The consistency will require you to publish more posts.
Here are over a hundred blog post ideas that can help you to start and make your own plan for the next several months of your blogging experience. I want to mention that some of the ideas you can easily transform into several more titles that you can schedule for the future.
Ideas Related to You and Your Small Business
1. Who are you? Start with you and write an article that will describe you in the details.
2. What is your business? Explain to your readers what is your business and how you visualize it in the future.
3. Why you or your business is important to the readers or potential customers? Explain what you and your business are doing for your customers. Show the importance of your job and the products and services your company is producing.
4. Show your business team behind your company. Show the people that do the job for your customers.
5. Explain the problems that your business solves. Explain the problems your business solves for your customers in plain English.
6. Publish pictures of your working environment. Show how the work is done inside your company.
7. Publish pictures of your business buildings. Show your buildings, offices, and other premisses your company use to satisfy customers.
8. Publish pictures of your employees. Show the real persons behind you company. Using these blog post ideas you will start humanizing your company.
9. Publish pictures of your employees with your customers. Show with the images of how your employees deal with your customers.
10. Publish some of your public speakings. If you already have done some public speaking, publish them on your business blog.
11. Write something about the most important achievements of your business in the past. Show your biggest achievement to your readers.
12. Describe how your products and services evolve over time. You can make a written description or you can also create a time-lapse video to show how your products and services evolve over time.
13. Show the possible ways of future development of your products and services. Inform you readers and customers about what you are doing for future development of your products and services.
14. Explain how your business contributes to environmental protection. Environmental protection is important topic today. If you want to increase your readership, you can write several articles about how you deal with this topic.
15. Write a manual about your products and services. Probably you already have a manual. But, this blog post idea is based on the fact that you can also put it as a series of blog articles on your business blog. So, your readers can find it and read it.
16. Write something about your past business experience building and developing your business. Show to your readers the challenges and experiences you have through the journey of building and developing your company.
17. What makes you different from your competitors? Show the difference between you and your competitors. But, use the facts, not the assumptions.
18. Create different case studies related to your business. Everyone wants to use case studies to learn something. So, this idea as a part of these blog post ideas is important for your business blog.
19. Add a more human dimension to your blog presenting the family behind your business. You can periodically share your family moments on your business blog. In such a way, you will add a human dimension to your company and your business blog.
20. Make a comparison between your and competitor’s products. Simply, show the difference.
21. Make a video demonstration of your products and services. You can record a series of video materials for demonstration purpose of your products and services. You can publish them on your business blog. Or, you can make a space like a training materials where all of these articles will be part of.
22. Publish posts about events that you or your business team have visited. Why you not show where you or your business team take a part on the events important for the community.
23. Publish a video as behind the scenes of your business. You can record a video about your processes behind the scenes and publish it for your readers.
24. Show how you produce your products and services as a video. Record your production process for several minutes and publish it as a video on social media channels and your business blog.
25. Write a post about your passion and how it impacts your business. You are passionate about something. Write an article about your passion and how it is related to your company and your work.
26. Publish a post with a list of reasons why you care about it. Write this article as you will talk in person with your customers. Show that you are human and you also care about many things and among them for the satisfaction of your customers.
27. Explain the current shipping procedure and what you make today to improve it. If you ship your products, then explain the procedures you use. Ask for comments for customer’s experience or possible improvements.
28. Write about your social media presence and invite your readers to connect with you. This is important part for your small business. You need to build strong relationship with your readers on different channels.
29. Create a list of all improvements that you made in your business and ask for a reader’s opinion. Show that your company is not the same over time. You can make also time-lapse videos that will bring your readers to the beginning of your company until today.
30. Show the different processes that you use in your business. Explain your processes. If you are an entrepreneur who continuously works on improvements, nobody can copy your processes.
31. Explain how you make your employees satisfied to be part of your business. This idea as a part of these blog post ideas is great for you if you want to attract competent staff for your company. Maybe some of them are one of your readers. Who knows?
32. Why you have started your business? Share your experience of how you start your business. Why you start it?
33. How did you succeed to be an entrepreneur and a parent at the same time? This is an frequently asked question all the time. So, share your experience about how you succeed to manage your professional and personal life.
34. What’re your biggest fears and how you plan to overcome them? All we have some fears. You can write about yours and show what you are doing to overcome them.
35. How is one of your average days in your business? Show how you spend your day at work and home. Your readers will like to identify with you. They will learn something more from you, will become close to you and will believe in you.
Ideas Related to Your Customers, Industry, and Market
36. Describe your ideal customer. This is something that will change over time, but it is a good idea to describe your ideal customer. Remember, when you write this article from the customer’s perspective, not through your own or your business’ perspective.
37. Describe the needs of your ideal customers. You already know your customer’s needs. Why you don’t describe them on your business blog?
38. Brainstorm great ideas about something that your customers can use it. Help your customers to have great ideas about something.
39. Changes that you do to improve your business and overall customers experience. Show what you are doing to improve your small business.
40. Publish different success stories of your customers. Everyone like success stories. So, why don’t you use them on your business blog.
41. Describe the industry in which your business operates. With this idea as a part of these blog post ideas you will need to describe and give some thoughts related to the industry in which your business operates.
42. Describe the market in which your business operates. Simply, describe the market. Show your thoughts.
43. Talk about industry trends. As an entrepreneur, you know about trends inside the industry. Share your thoughts with your readers.
44. Talk about market trends. As a small business owner, you know about some trends inside the market. Share your thoughts with your readers.
45. Publish pictures of your products. Image articles are interesting posts that can show your products and services in the action. Use them to bring your readers close to your products and services.
46. Write and publish a written interview with some of your most satisfied customers. If you have satisfied customers, then you can use it to show how the customer’s relationship with your company helped them to solve some important problems.
47. Post video interviews with some of your most satisfied customers. Video interviews are a great way to show your company to your readers as potential customers.
48. Show how your products solve customer’s problems. Simply write an in-depth article showing how your products and services solve customer’s problems.
49. Publish a list of problems that your customers have. You already know your customer’s problems. Your business is based on them. But, some potential customers that can be your readers sometimes will not know that they really have some of these problems. So, these blog post ideas are great for growing your audience and leads for your company.
50. Publish a list of solutions that solve your customer’s problems. Now when you have a problems you can write new article that will propose solutions. Between these solutions will have some of your products and services.
51. Create several types of tutorial posts related to your industry. This is great strategy to show yourself as an expert in the industry.
52. Answer questions that your customers ask you. Probably your marketing and sales team have a bunch of questions related to your offer, products, services, or business in general. Why don’t you answer these questions as special articles? This idea as a part of these blog post ideas will increase your productivity because you will develop an FAQ section for your customers. You can always send them to find the information they want instead of answering all of them separately.
53. What benefits your customers will have if they build a strong relationship with you and your business? Show what your customers can expect if they build strong relationships with you and your small business.
54. Make a list of several great books from your industry. Show what you are reading and what you like from the books you will cover inside this article.
55. Sketch the future for your customers. What are your expectations for the future? What are your predictions? If you know these things, you can write an article and share it on your business blog.
56. Write about all possible ways of how potential customers can contact you and build a relationship with you. Show how you can be reached by your readers or customers.
57. Interview experts from your industry. Today, it is easy to make an audio or video interview. You can use Skype or your mobile phone and make an interesting interview as a new article for your business blog.
58. Publish a list of the best Web sites in your industry. What did you read on the web? Make a list and publish it on your business blog.
59. Make a research about something in your industry and publish the results of it. Research based articles are winning strategy for each blog. So, use these type of articles on your business blog.
60. Write a case study related to your customer service. Show your readers how your customer service work and how they add value to your total offer.
61. How your customers can find you? Make a route of direction to where your potential customers can find you.
Blog Post Ideas Not Directly Related To Your Business
62. Ask a question on some social media and write a post with different answers that you will collect. Today, the quickest way to communicate with the readers is through social media channels. Each month you can ask a question and at the end of the month, collect responses, analyze them, and publish a new article for your business blog.
63. Write a review of products that are not related to your business, and you think it’s something worthwhile and useful for your customers. Mix up with different products you think are worth to be presented on your business blog.
64. Comment some interesting news from the media. Show your thinking about some important media news. This is an important strategy that can boost your readership because everyone is interested in such news.
65. Ask questions and encourage readers to answer comments on your blog post. Question-based blog post ideas are important for getting feedback from your readers. But, also this article will bring you several possible articles for the future based on the answers.
66. Make a post with different answers from the earlier idea. When you get some responses to the previous idea, you can simply pack them in the new article you can publish on your business blog.
67. Find interesting video materials from YouTube and embed them into your post. This is a really easy blog post idea. Simply, find something interesting on YouTube, embed it on the new blog post and write comments, or lessons learned, etc.
68. Make a survey and embed it on your blog post. Today, you can easily create an online survey. Select a topic, make a survey, and publish it on your blog. You can share this article on social media channels, and on your email list. You want to learn something from your readers.
69. Publish the analysis of the results of the survey from the earlier idea. Now, when you collect enough responses to your survey, you can easily analyze them and publish them as a new article on your business blog.
70. Think about mistakes that other people make, and publish a post explaining them and how readers can avoid them. As humans, all of us have made some mistakes. So, help your readers to escape from making the same mistakes you have made in the past.
71. Find different lessons from history and make a blog post about them. Stories from history will always bring higher attention from your readers. So, include them in your blogging strategy.
72. Find inspirational quotes and make a post with a list of quotes. Quotes are always interesting for readers. You can publish a list of quotes you like, or you find in some book and share with your readers.
73. Find an inspirational quote and write a comment about lessons that readers can learn. This is another idea as a part of these blog post ideas based on quotes. This article will use one quote, but additionally, you will write your own thoughts related to the quote.
74. How your readers can increase productivity? Doing more in less time will always be an important desire for all people. So, if you have some formula for productivity improvement, share it with your readers. How you organize your day? What tools do you use? What routines do you use? Answering these and similar questions will bring more readers to your business blog.
75. How your readers can improve their personal life? Help your readers to work on the improvement of their personal life. This will always be an important topic and because of that, it is part of these blog post ideas.
76. Make a list of advises that you can give to your readers and potential customers. Everyone likes advices. So, give some advices that you have experienced personally.
77. How we can improve our lives. This is always an interesting topic. Everyone wants to improve.
78. Make a resource post with a list of resources that you use. Simply, make a list of all important resources you use like widgets, products, services, etc.
79. Write a thanks post to every person that is important for you and your business. Why you do not share how are you thankful to some person that helped you in your life?
80. Make a video as a screencast demonstration. Screencasts are great for explaining your products, services or show some features of your products and services. So, create such videos as much as possible.
81. Make a presentation and publish it as a video, transcript, and presentation. Probably you already have a bunch of presentations. So, record yourself explaining each slide and publish it as a video. In such a way, you will have three different articles for your business blog.
82. What tools or software you use that makes your life easier. Show what you use that increases your productivity as a small business owner.
83. Write a humorous post that will encourage the laughing of your readers. Don’t be always serious. Include humor in one of your articles.
84. Write a post with beautiful pictures of places where you have traveled. It is not strange to share some of your greatest moments. Probably someone also will want to visit those places.
85. Write about the applications that you use on your mobile phone and ask readers to share theirs. You don’t need to write only about your business, products, services, and industry. Make little shaking in the topics you will publish.
86. Make a list of the most useful mobile phone apps from the reader’s viewpoint based on the answers from the earlier post idea. Because you have comments from your readers on the previous blog post idea, you can check what they say and write totally new article based on their comments.
87. Write a detailed review or tutorial for some of the most useful mobile apps on your mobile phone. Today almost all of us use a smartphone. So, why don’t you share your experience with some tools or apps you use on your phone.
Ideas Related to Your Business Blog
88. Take your most visited blog posts and make a list of them in the new one. Simply, look at your analytics and select the top 5 or top 10 blog posts published in the selected time frame and publish this list as a new article.
89. Write about topics that your business blog deals with. Inform your readers what you cover on your business blog. You can link this article on your about page and home page, so your new readers will know what to expect, or to decide is this something from them.
90. Write about future topics that your business blog will have in the future. It is important for your readers to expect something from you. So, you can use this, for example, each month to publish an article that will cover some important topics that will be published that month. Your readers will expect them and will come more frequently to your blog.
91. Write and publish a different series of posts about different challenges. Challenges as a part of these blog post ideas are really great strategy for adding value for your readers. You can use something like “7 days challenge”, “monthly challenge”, etc.
92. Reasons why you value your readers. Write about the reasons why you value your readers. Open your mind and heart and be totally honest.
93. Find some old posts and write a different view on the key points in it. You can take an old article and add additional value to your readers. Probably it is outdated. If you use some statistics find new numbers related to the original article.
94. Find blog posts from other companies or bloggers and promote it in your blog post giving additional value. Blogging is everything about building a relationship with readers, but also with other bloggers. So, this idea is one of the blog post ideas that will build relationships and networking possibilities for your small business.
95. Ask your readers what they want to be improved in your products, services, or business in general. Remember that your business blog is a two-way communication channel. So, use your readers as the source for possible improvement. This blog post idea requires to publish an article where you will have a list of most-wanted improvements by customers. In such a way, you will show that you really want to listen to your customers.
96. Write a list of things based on the earlier post idea that you will improve in the future based on priority. Now, when you already have a list of required improvements, you can write one, or several articles where you can explain what you will do about them. Ask readers to comment on this and get more ideas to improve your small business.
97. Write a post about each improvement that you made based on the previous two post ideas. Next, you can write about each improvement that is a part of these processes and show current and potential customers that you hear and take actions based on their voices.
98. Find the most valuable comments on your old blog posts and publish them as the new article with the added value from your side. Simply, check your older comments and create a new blog article based on the topic from the comment. Also, this blog post idea allows you to collect all comments as questions and develop an FAQ article with the answers from your side.
99. Publish a post about the person of the month as someone who commented mostly on your blog posts and give him the award. Yes, each month select one person with the most comments on your business blog and write about the selection process and the award he gets from you. The intention here is to increase the conversation with your customers through your blog. You can also make an interview with this person.
Blog Post Ideas Related to Your Business Promotion
100. Publish promotion posts. It doesn’t mean that you can not use your business blog to write promotional posts. So, this blog post idea is related to regularly publish promotional articles. If you can, try use this idea each month.
101. Make contests and give free giveaway. The same as previous idea is related to posts about contests and free giveaway.
102. Promise something that you will realize in the next time. With this blog post idea, you want to create curiosity among your readers.
103. Write something about how you ship your promise to the customers. It is a good strategy to show that you are listening to your customers and make a promise because you learn something from them. But, also great blog post idea is to show how you ship something when you promise it.
104. Explain what your readers will get if they subscribe to your email list. Probably you already use email marketing as a part of your overal communication strategy. This blog post idea will require to have an in-depth article where you will explain what subscribers will get if they subscribe. The great strategy is to link this on the home page of your website in a visible place and put it on your subscription boxes. In such a way your potential customers will know what they can accept if they subscribe to your email list.
105. Highlight the most important days in the year for your customers and your readers as promotions, deals, fair participation… You can also make an article each year to create curiosity and expectations for your potential customers. So, this blog post idea will require to publish an article that will cover all planned promotions, deals and other sales bumps you plan to make through the year.
If you have something more, please do not hesitate to share your ideas.