Business improvement ideas are everywhere around you, especially when you are an entrepreneur. This is your primary job.
You will work on improvements to your products and services. You will work on improvements to your systems and processes. Also, you will work on many subjects that will need to be improved in your small business.
But, I often see entrepreneurs stuck because they just don’t know where to start with their improvement efforts. They need business improvement ideas.
Here, I want to share one simplified list of more than 100 business improvement ideas for possible improvements that will enable you to start improving your company today.
Business improvement ideas
1. Improve the value that your small business is shipping to your customers.
2. Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the value creation process.
3. As one of the business improvement ideas can be adding additional value to your initial offer.
4. Make your offer really irresistible offer.
5. Try implementing different over-delivering strategies, which will mean that your small business will always over-deliver more than you promised.
6. Increase your customers’ trust in you and your small business.
7. Include your customers in the value creation process.
8. Improve the systems that you are using to listen to your customers.
9. Increase your knowledge about the customer’s emotions.
10. Improve your understanding of the real customer’s needs.
11. Improve your shipping process to become more efficient and cost-effective.
12. Implement different shipping alternatives that will enable your customers to choose the one that is most suitable for them.
13. Build really remarkable total customer experience.
14. Work on turning bad customer experiences into extraordinary ones, which means when some of your customers have a bad experience with your company, you will work on improvements.
15. Improve your customer satisfaction level.
16. Work on improvements to your customer support.
17. Improve your total offer.
18. Redesign your marketing processes in your small business because there will always be room for large improvements.
19. Build and work on improvements of your own and all your team members’ networking habits.
20. Create and work on improvements after implementing your content marketing strategy, and boost your content on social platforms using PPC management for small businesses.
21. Improve your blogging habits and start blogging on your small business blog more frequently.
22. Improve your blog design.
23. Start creating really exceptional blog content on your small business blog.
24. Start building relationships with the readers of your small business blog.
25. Use analytics to find the interest of your readers and improve your whole business blogging process.
26. Measure all your marketing activities and improve all your efforts based on performance results.
27. Improve your presentation skills, and then make sure that your team members will also work on improvements in their presentation skills.
28. Improve your social marketing efforts.
29. Start measuring the performance of all social media channels you use for your small business and make continuous improvements according to the results.
30. Improve your marketing messages and ensure they will come to the right persons.
31. Improve your competitive research process.
32. Improve the processes you use to create and build the community around your small business.
34. Always be close to your community.
35. Improve the knowledge of your sales team.
36. Improve your sales process taking into account reducing steps that it has from the customer’s perspective.
37. Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your sales funnel.
38. Improve all your efforts related to selling more to existing customers.
39. Improve your own and your team’s negotiation skills.
40. Exclude everything from your small business that means pressure to your customers.
41. Work on cutting your unproductive costs.
42. Implement different green solutions.
43. Use greener technology in your small business.
44. Implement more paperless solutions for your small business.
45. Make your small business an environmentally concerned company.
46. Improve the financial performance of your small business.
47. Work on your own self-improvement.
48. Improve your business model, making it more efficient.
49. Change your pricing strategies.
50. Change your current revenue streams.
51. Add more revenue streams to your revenue model.
52. Improve your overall revenue model.
53. Optimize all elements to improve profitability in your small business.
54. Start charging for the value you deliver, not the costs your small business makes.
55. Each time when you fail, it is the possibility of improvement.
56. List all problems in your small business and build a schedule for working on their solution one by one, from the biggest priority to the smallest priority.
57. Change your strategy.
58. Change and improve your organizational structure.
59. Remove all distractions around you while working on the most important business tasks.
60. Improve your to-do lists for the most efficient way of doing things in your small business.
61. Schedule time for email reading and answering.
62. Reduce all your non-value-adding time.
63. Decrease the need for using the meetings for everything in your small business.
64. If you really need to organize meetings make them as short as possible.
65. Always follow the implementation of the conclusions and recommendations from the meetings.
66. Improve your overall productivity.
67. Start practicing leadership at your work.
68. Improve your leadership skills.
69. Start by delegating some of your tasks and improve your overall delegation process.
70. Make improvements in the productivity of your employees.
71. Build systems that will allow you to measure their performance.
72. Work on the optimization of all your systems to ensure as much as possible productivity in their operation.
73. Start doing something because when you are doing something, you have already improved something in your small business.
74. Start with outsourcing non-core business activities.
75. Finish all your half-finished projects or simply cancel them.
76. Encourage teamwork in your small business.
77. Improve how your team members work together.
78. Build a more efficient control system for your small business.
79. Increase motivational factors in your company.
80. Reward all improvement initiatives from each employee in your company.
81. Encourage your employees to take different change initiatives without fear.
82. Deal with possible resistance to change in the most effective way.
83. Inspire your employees to the best way of doing their work.
84. Implement learning strategies at all levels of your small business.
85. Build your own and your employee’s discipline for doing the work.
86. Implement new technology in your small business.
87. Make your small business mobile as much as possible.
88. Decrease your inventory level.
89. Improve your overall inventory management in your small business.
90. Start implementing cloud-based technology into your company.
91. Try to add virtualization to as many elements as possible in your small business.
92. Define what success means for you and start working on achievement.
93. Use self-criticism if you want to improve your business.
94. Use a business ideas book to better manage all your ideas.
95. Make the risk analysis for your company and work on implementing strategies to handle different risks around you.
96. Seize different opportunities around you and your small business.
97. See things around you as they really are, and you will find many places for improvement.
98. Make everyone in your small business responsible for their work.
99. Look at different trends inside and outside your small business.
100. Improve your decision-making process.
101. Improve the decision-making process in your whole company to escape possible bureaucratic behavior.
102. Follow and change your business plan as you implement it.
So, these are 102 possible business improvement ideas for your small business. You can start using them today and make significant improvements in your business. Also, you don’t need to implement these business improvement ideas according to this specific order. Just select some of them and start the implementation process.
Additionally, you will probably need a process improvement system that will guarantee the success of implementing these business improvement ideas mentioned here.
You can also read more about business improvement ideas in the 77 Business Improvements in 77 Days.